Differential farm Restore causing error RRS feed

• Question

• Folks,

I have restored the full farm backup of my PROD environment to my DEV environment successfully.

Now I am trying to restore Farm Differential Restore and getting some issue in service applications as below.

Application Registry Service 
    Object Application Registry Service failed in event OnRestore. For more information, see the spbackup.log or sprestore.log file located in the backup directory. 
    SPDuplicateObjectException: An object of the type Microsoft.Office.Server.ApplicationRegistry.SharedService.ApplicationRegistryServiceApplication named "Application Registry Service" already exists under the parent Microsoft.Office.Server.ApplicationRegistry.SharedService.ApplicationRegistryService named "".  Rename your object or delete the existing object.

Application Registry Service 
    Object Application Registry Service failed in event OnRestore. For more information, see the spbackup.log or sprestore.log file located in the backup directory. 
    SPDuplicateObjectException: An object of the type Microsoft.Office.Server.ApplicationRegistry.SharedService.ApplicationRegistryServiceApplicationProxy named "Application Registry Service" already exists under the parent Microsoft.Office.Server.ApplicationRegistry.SharedService.ApplicationRegistryServiceProxy named "".  Rename your object or delete the existing object.

Web Analytics Service Application 
    Object Web Analytics Service Application failed in event OnPostRestore. For more information, see the spbackup.log or sprestore.log file located in the backup directory. 
    SqlException: Login failed for user 'PUNEODC\10602056'.

Any help is really appreciated.

Sandeep Parandekar MCTS
    http://www.parandekar.blogspot.com
    Please mark the post that answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 4:40 AM

All replies

• The error says to check sprestore.log for more information. Are there any exceptions or errors in this log?

Jason Warren
    Infrastructure Architect

Thursday, November 22, 2012 12:26 AM
  • The error says to check sprestore.log for more information. Are there any exceptions or errors in this log?

Jason Warren
    Infrastructure Architect

Jason,

The above error message are the errors from sprestore.log files itself.

Sandeep Parandekar MCTS
    Please mark the post that answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.

Thursday, November 22, 2012 5:45 AM
  • Folks,

can anyone please help me in this. your help will really appreciated.Thanks

Sandeep Parandekar MCTS

Monday, November 26, 2012 11:07 AM