Slowly Changing Dimension 242 error: FailOnFixedAttributeChange RRS feed

• Question

• TK463 Chapter 7 Lesson 1

Did anyone having trouble to execute the package DimCustomerSCD?

I error I have got with Slowly Changing Dimesion task:

[Slowly Changing Dimension [242]] Error: If the FailOnFixedAttributeChange property is set to TRUE, the transformation will fail when a fixed attribute change is detected. To send rows to the Fixed Attribute output, set the FailOnFixedAttributeChange property to FALSE.

I was able to get around when I use Historical Attribute change type for Gender.

Birthdate with change type Fixed Attribute remains ok.

Cheers, Peiwai

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 3:21 AM

All replies

• It must work (error out) for all of us as it appears to be a package design flaw.

Also explained in this thread: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/1854e9ce-4bb8-45a3-b176-f3471ec55887/slowly-changing-dimension-error-code-0xc020803c

Arthur My Blog

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 3:03 PM
  • I did as as the marked solution suggested by Eileen Zhao, I set the FailOnFixedAttributeChange property to FALSE thereafter the package executed successfully.

Does it mean FailOnFixedAttributeChange would trigger even though there is no change in column values of Fixed Attribute?

Does it also mean that by turning off FailOnFixedAttributeChange, the event won't be triggered when the column values of Fixed Attribute change type have indeed been changed.

How do we stop the columns values for Fixed Attribute change type to change if we have to turn off FailOnFixedAttributeChange to get the package working?

Thursday, June 27, 2013 1:25 AM