Subscripton Question: Using Relative dates RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to setup a subscription that will notify the SM Managers when a ticket goes unmodified for 3 days or more. to accomplish this I had set up a subscription using the following criteria:

After 3 days the notification should email the SM Admins that this needs to be updated. Unfortunately this does not send out a notification after 3 days but as soon as the IR is submitted. Am I misunderstanding the "relative" option?

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 8:03 PM

Answers

• Hello

if you create a ticket today : 11/29/12 every time the last modified date is going to be greater than 3 days ago... so that’s why you
    receive e-mail notification every time that you create a ticket

So I suggest changing to “is less or equal to"

Cheers.

Javo Mejia|Colombia| Blog: http://javomejia.glup.com.co

• Edited by JavoMejia Thursday, November 29, 2012 5:40 AM
    • Marked as answer by Craig_Ro Thursday, November 29, 2012 1:15 PM
    Thursday, November 29, 2012 5:39 AM

All replies

• Hello

if you create a ticket today : 11/29/12 every time the last modified date is going to be greater than 3 days ago... so that’s why you
    receive e-mail notification every time that you create a ticket

So I suggest changing to “is less or equal to"

Cheers.

Javo Mejia|Colombia| Blog: http://javomejia.glup.com.co

• Edited by JavoMejia Thursday, November 29, 2012 5:40 AM
    • Marked as answer by Craig_Ro Thursday, November 29, 2012 1:15 PM
    Thursday, November 29, 2012 5:39 AM
  • That was it! thank you Javo!

Thursday, November 29, 2012 1:15 PM
  • I'm trying to perform the same type of notification through subscription, but the Incident class does not have the relative check box for Create Date field.  Also the Last modified field is missing totally.  Is this outside of the Incident class?
    Tuesday, June 24, 2014 2:08 PM
  • Hey Sam!

Do you not see this?

Tuesday, June 24, 2014 2:29 PM
  • That was what I was hoping to find but it's not there.  
    Monday, July 7, 2014 1:34 PM
  • I was able to recreate your issue. In order for you to see the last modified you need to select Periodically notify when an object meets a criteria. Choosing one of the other two selections when creating the subscription will not show the Last Modified field.
    Tuesday, July 15, 2014 3:26 PM