Long Windows Experience Index Screen Load Time RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello all,

I've been using Vista Ultimate 32-bit for about 6 months now and have had no problems. Now however, seemingly for no reason, my usual very fast windows experience index sceen load time of about one second has been extended to a sluggish 15 second wait. And by this I mean the actual window loads like lightening but it takes atleast 15 second for the windows experience index score and windows activation information to come up. 

What could have caused this? I have altered nothing concerning windows, I don't have ANY trial version software, I have never run a registry cleaner, I defragment and scan for malware religously everyday, and the only major software I have on the computer is AVG, and two games.

Can someone please help me to understand why the windows experience index sceen is taking so much longer to load? 

Wednesday, June 4, 2008 6:58 PM

All replies

• Malice653

This seems to be a known and common issue with Vista. This behavior has been acknowledged by Microsft, but no fix has been found, yet.

If this post helps to resolve your issue, click the Mark as Answer button at the right of this message.
    This will help others who are having this issue find the answer faster.

Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows Desktop Experience
    Thursday, June 5, 2008 6:16 PM