none
Main IE window (window.opener) always steal the pop-up focus after a refresh. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

I have a JavaScript code that reloads a page and open a pop-up. A very simple piece of code:

document.location = "new_location";

var popUpRef = window.open("popup_url", "popup_name", "height=300,width=700,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes");
    popUpRef.focus();

The problem, is that the main window steal the pop-up focus when it finishes loading. No matter what I do, the main windows always comes to foreground when it finishes loading (stealing the pop-up focus, which, even holding it with the mouse, goes to the background). Even with the input in the pop-up's <input /> text. The pop-up always go background after the main window refresh.

How can I say to Internet Explorer (I'm using version 10) stays on the background after a refresh?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

• Edited by Jaabax Thursday, November 14, 2013 1:28 PM Text indentation.
    Thursday, November 14, 2013 1:26 PM

Answers

• This is the TechNet Forum for Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9, 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions.

For better assistance please ask for help in the MSDN IE Development Forums.

Thanks & Regards,

Vincenzo Di Russo
    Microsoft® MVP Windows Internet Explorer, Windows & Security Expert - since 2003.
    Moderator in the Microsoft Community and TechNet Forums
    My MVP Profile

Thursday, November 14, 2013 1:50 PM