Outlook Office login prompt with multiple profiles RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

A customer of us has a problem since a month or 2.

It's asks to login in Office when you start Outlook. If you start Word, Excel, Powerpoint... before opening Outlook it doesn't ask to login. When you start Outlook afterwards it doesn't ask to login either anymore. This only happens to users with multiple Email profiles.

If you ignore the login you get the red warning bar to say that you have a product without license. When you go to File - Office Account you see that you are actually logged in.

The version is 1906 (Build 11727.20244). Server version is Windows Server 2016.

I use a workaround at the moment that runs a script to open and close Word at login, but it's not working perfectly for everyone.

Thanks for the help.

Monday, July 22, 2019 8:19 AM

All replies

• Hi,

If you start Outlook without Word(or Excel or PowerPoint) already running, it is asked to login in Office, right?

Are you an Office 365 subscriber? Please provide me with a screenshot of your Outlook version just like this:

>> It's asks to login in Office when you start Outlook.
    If possible, could you please provide me with the screenshot of this login in window.

(If you can't post pictures here, please create a picture link.)

In this case, it is suggested to sign out your account and repair your Office installation then log in again.

Any update, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 23, 2019 7:58 AM
  • Hello,

Indeed it asks to login in Outlook only when Word wasn't started first and only when multiple email profiles are setup. Office is installed on a Windows Server 2016 RDS.

I've tried everything.

- Repair Office

- Sign out and sign in again

- Clear HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office

- Recreate e-mail profiles

This is a screenshot of the version (Sorry it's in Dutch):

Office-version
    Thursday, July 25, 2019 8:55 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your updates.

In this situation, it is suggested to recreate Outlook data in Registry.

1. Close your Outlook client
    2. Press Win + R to open Run.
    3. Type "regedit", press Enter.
    4. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER> Software> Microsoft> Office> X.0> Outlook
    5. Rename the folder "Outlook".
    6. Restart Outlook and test again.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 30, 2019 1:20 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got the issue fixed?

Please try my suggestions and let me know the results.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Thursday, August 1, 2019 9:22 AM
  • Hey,

I've already done that. In fact I've mentioned it in my previous post.

I assume that clearing HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office completely is the same?

Friday, August 2, 2019 8:59 AM