Problem with toolbars on the Taskbar RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

If I right click on the task bar, than select toolbars, than click on 'new toolbar..' and add a folder, everything is allright.

But when I restart (or log off) the toolbar is gone.

There was no such problem with any of the previews betas, but now it appears in the RC.

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate English (build 7100).

Alex
    Saturday, May 16, 2009 9:35 PM

Answers

• The failure to remember your taskbar settings indicates some problem in creating entries in the registry file. If you are running any third party applications that handle the registry, you should try turning them off.
    Rating posts helps other users
    Mark L. Ferguson MS-MVP
    Sunday, May 17, 2009 12:50 AM

All replies

• I don't have that problem.  I always make a 'new' pop-up toolbar that this time I have named 'M' [for menu] for just the smallest space to take up to let me see it.  Put all the programs I regularly use in this folder [and sub-folders -> image, system, creative, burners, etc]  that I create in 'documents'.  It's better for me than the 'start' menu to quickly launch the program I need.

Even if you do not select a 'folder' [just leave blank and click OK] when creating a new folder, you will get the folder 'Documents'.  I say this incase anyone thinks you may not have created a folder to retain.

Saturday, May 16, 2009 11:46 PM
  • The failure to remember your taskbar settings indicates some problem in creating entries in the registry file. If you are running any third party applications that handle the registry, you should try turning them off.
    Rating posts helps other users
    Mark L. Ferguson MS-MVP
    Sunday, May 17, 2009 12:50 AM