32bit web server responds faster RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there.

We are a software company that recently started using web services.  That basic idea of what we have set up is the following: We have 3 servers running windows server 2008 r2. These servers have public accessible addresses and can be accessed by just connecting to the internet. These 3 servers then connect to the relevant database server and return the required data to the client.

My problem is that all three servers are exactly the same except for the operating systems. 1 server is running 32bit and the other 2 is running 64bit. We wrote a small app to connect to the web service on the machine collect a small amount of data and return it. The app then times how long this process takes. The results are as follows:

The 32bit server returns the data on an average of 0.14 sec

The 64bit servers returns the data on an average of 5.14 sec

I have tested the connections and all the severs have the same ping speed and follow the same paths to the database server. I have removed all the windows fire wall setting, allowed access to all users and forces our anti-virus to trust this application.

Is there a setting I’m missing in IIS 6 to speed up this connection? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Monday, November 14, 2011 1:41 PM

Answers

• For such a detailed question regarding IIS, I would recommend that you post this question on the official Microsoft IIS forum:  http://forums.IIS.net.

Guides and tutorials, visit ITGeared.com.

itgeared.com facebook twitter youtube
    • Marked as answer by Bruce-Liu Thursday, November 17, 2011 2:05 AM
    Monday, November 14, 2011 3:58 PM