none
Project Pro URL RRS feed

• Question

• I just signed up for Project Pro trial and when trying to connect Project 2013 to an account, it asks for the Project Server URL. I have scoured the admin web portal and can find no reference to a Project Server URL. Therefore, it will connect to be able to use Corporate Resources. How do I proceed to find this secret piece of information?
    Monday, June 2, 2014 8:24 PM

All replies

• When you say, "trying to connect to an account", what exactly are you trying to do?

This scenario is only possible, when you have Project Server 2013 implemented, and are trying to connect to it via project professional. If you do not have Project Server 2013 installed, then you will not be able to connect to an account.

Prasanna Adavi,PMP,MCTS,MCITP,MCT TWitter: @prasannaadavi Blog: http://www.prasannaadavi.com

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 3:14 AM
  • I did create an account online. The trial version of Project Online gives you Project Server online with Project Professional 2013. So when you set it up, you create accounts for users and download and install Project Professional 2013. But to access the server you need the URL of your trial server. That appears to be listed no where; at least that I can see. If this trial does not include the server, as stated when I signed up; what is the point and therefore I might as well move on to a product that does what it claims.

We wanted to prove this works before spending the cash. So now a week in, it is unusable and so far, a real waste of time without this one piece of information.

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 12:36 PM
  • Nevermind. The Project pro does NOT come with the Project Online. Total waste of time.
    Tuesday, June 3, 2014 1:00 PM