Project 2010 problems RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,
    I am trying to sequence project 2010 Pro on windows 7 x86, everything sequenced fine and the kms activated the deployed app. When I launch the published app and try use visual reports I get an error, and the client pc and the sequencer has office 2007 with excel installed.

the operation requires that you have excel 2003 or later installed on your coputer

I belive I have set the local interaction correctly.

<VIRTUALENV TERMINATECHILDREN="FALSE">
    <ENVLIST />
    <POLICIES>
    <LOCAL_INTERACTION_ALLOWED>TRUE</LOCAL_INTERACTION_ALLOWED>
    </POLICIES>
    </VIRTUALENV>

Any help would be gratefully excepted.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010 6:19 PM

Answers

• It sounds like whats happening is Project is trying to launch Excel via a COM registry key.

What I suggest you do is run regmon to try see what key it is trying to access (might even be a local key that your package is being denied due to local\virtual overlay).

Then either add that key to your package, or if it is your local registry make sure that structure of your virtual registry is set to MERGE WITH LOCAL so it can use the local keys.

Friday, September 17, 2010 1:43 PM

All replies

• Hello,

have you tried executing the action while sequencing?

/Znack
    Wednesday, September 15, 2010 6:21 PM
  • Yes it gives the same error and office 2007 excel is on the base image of the sequencer.
    Wednesday, September 15, 2010 9:34 PM
  • Hello,

Have you tried executing the action while natively installed?

/Znack
    Thursday, September 16, 2010 7:09 AM
  • Yes I did, and excel 2007 worked on the sequencer and on the client pc. do you think because I am only sequencing project 2010 and visio 2010 separately without any version of office 2010 or its proxies is causing it?

Thursday, September 16, 2010 2:07 PM
  • Hello,

When sequencing, do you have Excel 2007 available?

/Znack
    Thursday, September 16, 2010 2:54 PM
  • If I click on the office excel link it comes up. I am sequencing project 2010 by itself without any other office 2010 apps. the clients will have office 2007 installed localy as the sequencer did. is this what you are asking

eric

Thursday, September 16, 2010 10:19 PM
  • It sounds like whats happening is Project is trying to launch Excel via a COM registry key.

What I suggest you do is run regmon to try see what key it is trying to access (might even be a local key that your package is being denied due to local\virtual overlay).

Then either add that key to your package, or if it is your local registry make sure that structure of your virtual registry is set to MERGE WITH LOCAL so it can use the local keys.

Friday, September 17, 2010 1:43 PM