Migration SCCM 2007 >> 2012 - Upgrade Secondary site options? RRS feed

Answers

• Hi,

There is no way to migrate a secondary site in SCCM 2007 to a secondary site in SCCM 2012, you would have to deploy a new site in SCCM 2012. so your conclusion is correct. It is only possible to migrate a Secondary Site i SCCM 2007 -> DP in SCCM 2012.

Regards,
    Jörgen

-- My System Center blog ccmexec.com -- Twitter @ccmexec

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 5:30 PM

All replies

• Hi,

There is no way to migrate a secondary site in SCCM 2007 to a secondary site in SCCM 2012, you would have to deploy a new site in SCCM 2012. so your conclusion is correct. It is only possible to migrate a Secondary Site i SCCM 2007 -> DP in SCCM 2012.

Regards,
    Jörgen

-- My System Center blog ccmexec.com -- Twitter @ccmexec

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 5:30 PM
  • "Secondary sites can no longer be installed from the SCCM setup.  They must be installed from the console.  These are the available options presented by setup"

LINK

"If you need to control SCCM traffic from a site server to another location, you can now use the SCCM 2012 distribution point, which includes throttling and scheduling features.  You would only need a secondary site if you also need to control traffic sent from client systems to the site server, as the secondary site has a Management Point.  The PXE server role is now part of the Distribution Point.  Secondary sites and other system roles have to be manually uninstalled from the SCCM 2007 hierarchy and redeployed on the SCCM 2012 hierarchy."  

LINK

Thursday, October 18, 2012 8:47 PM
  • Can you point me to a link where it explains the 2007 Secondary Site to DP migration? I'm assuming I can do this on the same box after building a new SCCM 2012 Primary, correct?
    Saturday, November 17, 2012 4:10 AM