error code 2147024891 while sending the email RRS feed

• Question

• This is very frustrating issue. I am also not sure if this is the right forum. However I am trying my luck if this issue has anything to do with win 7 professional 32-bit machine.We have restaurant booking application called open table which is installed in our win 7 32 bit machine.

Inside the application we have facility to send email to the customers. But when we try to send any email from within the application it gives an error saying;

"there was an error sending an email (error code:2147024891)

But there is another machine which is installed by them and it runs windows 7 as well and it works fine. When we contact them. they say there is something wrong in the settings in the PC which the PC is not accepting.

Also their PC is connected in their own network and our machine is in our network. 

Pls note: It only happens when sending attachment emails, normal emails goes thorugh fine.

Any ideas?

Many Thanks

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 10:16 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you try re-installing the application?

Have you tried sending email with an attachment using outlook to check if you gets the same error?

Please try disabling Windows firewall temporarily. And please attempt to change protocol for sending/ recieving emails in this application if it has such settings.

Andy Altmann
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, March 28, 2014 8:35 AM
  • Thank you for your reply Andy;

I have checked the firewall, it is off. I have tried sending email with attachment via outlook, it works. I have not tried re-installing the software yet. Could you suggest any other step before doing uninstall?

Thanks

Friday, March 28, 2014 11:38 AM