Array Member server Configuration not synned with Array Manager Server RRS feed

• Question

• I have UAG-A as a Array Manager and UAG-B as a Array member. The UAG-B Array Member server is not syned after it join the Array Manager UAG-A.

On UAG-A Array Manager server :

Under TMG --> Monitoring --> Configuration tab: The Array Member UAG-B shows error "Forefront TMG Management cannot establish a connection with the Forefront TMG computer"

Under TMG --> Monitoring --> Services tab: The Array Member UAG-B show following services unavailable.

• Microsoft Forfron TMG Firewall
    • Microsoft Forefront TMG Job Scheduler
    • SQL Server Express
    • Microsoft Forefront TMG Managed Control

When I open TMG --> Networking --> Networking Adapters, I only see network adapter for UAG-A Array Manager server. I don;t see network adapters UAG-B Array Member server.

When I open UAG Concsole on UAG-A Array Manager I don;t see Array members server IP addresses in the trunk configuration.

However on UAG-B Array Member server all the services are running. When I open the TMG console on UAG-B Array Member server it shows all services synced with Array Manager UAG-A under TMG --> Monitoring --> Services and TMG -> Monitoring --> Configuration no error there.

Please help.

Thanks,

RSS

Monday, January 9, 2012 10:11 PM

All replies

• Hi,

How did you join UAG-B to the array?

Did you follow the instructions in http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd857330.aspx? Note the section about adding UAG-B (in your case) to array member computer set which I would say is your issue at hand here. If not added, add the UAG-B computer account to the computer set and and apply the configuration.

You should, if everything is well, get an error message about opening the UAG MMC on UAG-B saying that you shouldn't do that and instead open it on the array manager.

Hth, Anders Janson Enfo Zipper
    Tuesday, January 10, 2012 9:16 AM
  • +1

You mention TMG numerous times in your post. On a UAG server, you need to make all of the array configurations inside the UAG software, not the TMG software.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 11:59 AM
  • Hi,

I had followed the instructions in http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd857330.aspx?. UAG-B is not able to run UAG MMC, it say open the UAG MMC from array manager. I looks like Array member is join the Array Manager.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 3:13 PM
  • I have not made any changes in TMG. All the changes were made via UAG. However, you can still use the TMG to check the configuration.

RSS

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 3:15 PM
  • TMG console has to be used for some things in order to make "stuff" work in UAG.

So you have completed

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee522950.aspx?

Added UAG-B to the server to the array member computers list on the array manager (TMG console)?

In any case, verify that UAG-B is added to the array members computer set in TMG console. UAG uses TMG functionality for the array functionality so there is where the magic happens.

Hth, Anders Janson Enfo Zipper
    Tuesday, January 10, 2012 3:20 PM
  • Yes, make sure both nodes are part of the Array group inside TMG, though if they are not then UAG didn't do its job in adding them there :)

Do you have an internal firewall in this setup? That is, a firewall between the internal interface of the appliances and the corporate network? I have seen internal firewalls cause all kinds of trouble with array and NLB configuration between UAG boxes.

Also open up the UAG Activation Monitor on the primary server. This should give you some detailed clues about what is failing after you attempt activation.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 4:44 PM