none
FIM 2010 R2 SP1 Portal on SharePoint Foundation with the FIM Service on another Server Error: Microsoft.IdentityManagement.WebUI.Controls.UICacheUtils.GetCacheKey(CacheKey key) RRS feed

• Question

• We have FIM 2010 R2 SP1 PORTAL ONLY installed on a Windows Server 2012 with SharePoint 2013.

We have the FIM 2010 R2 SERVICE and SYNC SERVICE on a separate machine Server 2008 R2.

I get the following error:

Does the portal and service have to be on the same machine?

• Edited by jmanley WI Wednesday, October 23, 2013 7:03 PM The service not portal is installed on the W2K8R2 machine
    Wednesday, October 23, 2013 2:51 AM

Answers

All replies

• They do not have to be on the same machine.

CraigMartin – Edgile, Inc. – http://identitytrench.com

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 9:49 PM
  • Craig;

Thank you for the sanity check!

BTW I enjoyed your PowerShell workshop at the Conference a few years ago in San Diego!

-Jon

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 9:51 PM
  • Thanks!  Wish there was another venue to deliver that workshop again.  A lot has changed since then (PowerShell Workflow, PowerShell Desired State Configuration) so it would be great to show how it applies to things like FIM.

CraigMartin – Edgile, Inc. – http://identitytrench.com

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 10:13 PM
  • HI!

I'm having the same problem. Got both service and portal on the same machine.

Did you ever solve your problem and if so how?

thx

Håkan

May the sword be true!

Friday, January 2, 2015 10:11 PM
  • Håkan

Make Sure asp.net impersonation in IIS is enabled on the Identity Management Web application that is created in SharePoint; Also make sure the SharePoint 2013 is using the 2010 Experience for that web app & site collection.

-Jon

Saturday, January 3, 2015 1:08 AM
  • Thx for reply!

I have checked the stuff and it looks ok. I do get a error in SharePoint Review and problem section that says

[LegacyUIDetected] The site [/IdentityManagement] is still referencing SharePoint 2007 UI. The site located at [/IdentityManagement] in the database [FIM_SPF_Content_Portal] is using SharePoint 2007 UI which is no longer supported and may cause visual errors or block functionality. We strongly recommend that you run Visual Upgrade on the site and verify the site is working correctly before proceeding. Otherwise, we will force all sites using SharePoint 2007 UI to visually upgrade to the 2010 UI as part of the database upgrade process.

To me it seems like my fim installation installed old parts. Any idea how to fix this?

thx Håkan

May the sword be true!

Wednesday, January 7, 2015 8:10 PM
  • Hakan;

The /IdentityManagement site MUST run under the OLD UI. This should be a warning and not a hard stop error. After your install is completed everything should be up and running.

-Jon

Wednesday, January 7, 2015 8:20 PM
  • This is strange. I have followed this blog to make my installation http://www.harbar.net/articles/fimportal.aspx.

Clean windows 2012r2 server  and sql2012.

Any tips on where to start look for errors..Dont realy got anything in the loggs more then legasy UI

//Håkan

May the sword be true!

Wednesday, January 7, 2015 9:02 PM