none
Excel 2013 Issue RRS feed

• Question

• dears

i have one word document still i work on it but i got one trouble when i need to edit some models from WORD to Excel

the msg below:

the program used to create this object in excel. that program is either not installed on your computer or it is not responding. to edit this object, install excel or ensure that any dialog boxes in excel are closed.

i used office 2013

please help...

Wednesday, March 9, 2016 8:45 AM

Answers

• Hi hisham allop,

Based on your description, it seems that Excel cannot start normally. If you open Excel without Word, did it work fine? 

First please open Excel and go to File- Options- Advanced and uncheck Ignore other applications that use Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE) as shown in the following figure:

Then you can try to disable all add-ins in Excel, please go to File- Options- Add-ins and select Com add-ins try to disable them and check the result.

Please try these methods first and let me know the result, I'm glad to help you and your reply.

Regards,

Emi Zhang
    TechNet Community Support

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by hisham allop Thursday, March 10, 2016 8:09 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by hisham allop Thursday, March 10, 2016 8:09 AM
    Thursday, March 10, 2016 3:14 AM

All replies

• Hi hisham allop,

Based on your description, it seems that Excel cannot start normally. If you open Excel without Word, did it work fine? 

First please open Excel and go to File- Options- Advanced and uncheck Ignore other applications that use Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE) as shown in the following figure:

Then you can try to disable all add-ins in Excel, please go to File- Options- Add-ins and select Com add-ins try to disable them and check the result.

Please try these methods first and let me know the result, I'm glad to help you and your reply.

Regards,

Emi Zhang

• Unmarked as answer by hisham allop Thursday, March 10, 2016 8:09 AM
    Thursday, March 10, 2016 3:14 AM
  • dear Emi Zhang

Thanks for your response,
    i already do the two point you mentioned, but still i have the trouble.

to clarify more
    I have matrix on word document created by excel, and if i need to update some data on it should press double click to open excel edited sesion. i try but still the error appear.

thanks..

Thursday, March 10, 2016 8:26 AM
  • Hi hisham applop,

Did you check if this issue only appear with Excel and Word? How about Excel and Outlook? Or Excel and PowerPoint? Please check this behavior with different Office products.

Then please also disable add-ins in Word, you can try to open Word in safe mode.

Press Win + R, type "winword /safe" in the blank box, press Enter.

Please check this behavior in your environment and let me know the result.

Regards,

Emi Zhang

Thursday, March 10, 2016 8:40 AM