SharePoint Server 2007 - User with Full Control Can't Edit Document in Word on Laptop But Can on Desktop RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

We use SherePoint Server 2007 at our institution. It is managed by a central computing services, but I have full user access to our department's site.

I have an end user who can edit a document he has full control to on his dektop, but is unable to edit it on his netbook. This indicates he has accidentally changed something on his netbook, pehaps in Word, but I can't figure out what. Does anyone have any ideas?

Many thanks!

EBS IT

Friday, May 11, 2012 10:40 AM

Answers

• Hi!

Are ate computers ian a Active Directory?, it is a Intranet? try to put the site in the Trusted Sites List

MVP Office Development, MCP, MCTS SharePoint 2010 Development

Friday, May 11, 2012 1:41 PM
  • Hi EBS-IT

The document may checked out with wrong credential. You may sign in your SharePoint website again, and type in the user name and password and check the option Remember credential. Word will use this credential to open document.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Lambda Zhao

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 8:28 AM

All replies

• Hi!

Are ate computers ian a Active Directory?, it is a Intranet? try to put the site in the Trusted Sites List

MVP Office Development, MCP, MCTS SharePoint 2010 Development

Friday, May 11, 2012 1:41 PM
  • Hi EBS-IT

The document may checked out with wrong credential. You may sign in your SharePoint website again, and type in the user name and password and check the option Remember credential. Word will use this credential to open document.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Lambda Zhao

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 8:28 AM
  • Hi

Thanks very much for your reply. I think we have an Active Directory structure - we have a Windows style domain system that we use to login to SharePoint which matches up with our normal university authentication system to login to the PCs. Does that sound correct? I have asked the user to try putting the site in the Trusted Sites List - I will let you know if it works!

Kind Regards,

EBS IT

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 9:13 AM
  • Hi

Thanks very much for your reply. I have asked the user to follow your instructions - I will let you know if it works!

Kind Regards,

EBS IT

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 9:14 AM
  • HI,

Try repairing your office installation in your netbook.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 6:40 PM