none
Windows 10 VMs not showing interactive session from console but Windows 7 VMs do? Also VM locks when workstation locks?

Question

• Hello

1. When using Hyper-V manager to connect to our server we can see the Win7 VMs when someone is logged into them. We only see the lock screen on Win10 VM when someone is logged in.

2. If the workstation running Hyper-v manager locks and someone else has a remote connection running inside the Hyper-V Win10 VM, that connection is affected. This does not occur in the Win7 VMs.

I compared VM level settings and am not seeing anything different short of storage location. I assume it is an OS related setting.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

~Nick

Thursday, December 6, 2018 7:52 PM

All replies

• I assume it is an OS related setting. 

Most likely is correct. I'd reach out to experts in dedicated forums here.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?category=Windows10ITPro

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Thursday, December 6, 2018 8:02 PM
  • Thanks. I posted the same on the MS  forum.

~N

~Nick

Thursday, December 6, 2018 8:30 PM
  • Sounds good, you're welcome.

(please don't forget to mark helpful replies as answer)

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Thursday, December 6, 2018 8:32 PM
  • Hi,

How are things going on?

For first question, based on my experience, we can see the user who's logon on the lock screen of win7, whereas it didn't shown on win10. It is a design behavior. 

Second question, may I know more detailed information? Or you can screenshot for it to post here?

Please remember to cover up your privacy information for security.

If you have any question or concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Michael

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, December 21, 2018 9:08 AM
  • What additional information would you like to know?

~Nick

Friday, December 21, 2018 9:18 PM
  • Hi Nick,

I'm confused about this sentence>>

If the workstation running Hyper-v manager locks and someone else has a remote connection running inside the Hyper-V Win10 VM, that connection is affected.

Is there any error information? Or a screenshot for the symptom? 

If you upload some information include your privacy sensitive information Please remember to cover it up for security.

Highly appreciate your effort and time. If you have any question or concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Michael

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, December 25, 2018 9:17 AM
  • I apologize for the delay in replying. Below are screenshots of the issue. If you notice, VMs that have Win7 as the OS we can see from the console when a user is logged into the VM. Win10 VMs however we cannot.

~Nick

Tuesday, January 15, 2019 3:23 PM