Dell Alerts are not coming through mail RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I have loaded latest dell MP on my SCOM SP1 server and installed Dell Open manager server on all servers (As it is required to work with dell MP)

All is good so far and to test I unplugged a physical disk from one of my RAID 5 disk. As expected I get this alert under monitoring >Active Alerts

BUT

The problem is  I don’t get any email for this above alert

My subscription is set to include all groups (default), all classes (default), default alert criterias, hence subscription is suppose to email pretty much all critical alerts (high and medium)

What will prevent the system to NOT sent email for dell alerts????

Monday, December 21, 2009 7:25 PM

Answers

• Check the alert priority - this can cause such a thing.

Simply modify the subscription to be all groups, all classes, all severity, all priority, all category.

I think you will find your answer.
    • Marked as answer by StuartR Monday, February 8, 2010 7:15 PM
    Monday, December 21, 2009 8:31 PM

All replies

• Check the alert priority - this can cause such a thing.

Simply modify the subscription to be all groups, all classes, all severity, all priority, all category.

I think you will find your answer.
    • Marked as answer by StuartR Monday, February 8, 2010 7:15 PM
    Monday, December 21, 2009 8:31 PM
  • Thanks Kevin, I already did that, created a subscription and icluded every thing
    But still not getting any emails,Any one out there uisng this MP
    Tuesday, December 22, 2009 12:23 AM
  • It is not MP specific.  A subscription SUBSCRIBES to an alert.

If your subscription works for some alerts - and not for others - then there is something missing from your subscription that does not match the Dell alerts.

What priority is the alert generated under?  What does your email subscribe to in regards to priority?
    Tuesday, December 22, 2009 5:54 AM
  • I don't have a solution, but rather another example of this happening with the HP ProLiant MP v1.3.1.0.  From time to time, certain alerts coming from the HP MP are not picked up by our subscription(s).  I've mainly noticed it with the 'Drive Array Accelerator degraded, failed or battery failed' alert and the 'Network Interface Failed' alert.

Most times they work fine.  The subscription criteria is:
    - Warning or Critical severity;
    - low, medium or high priority;
    - New resolution state;
    - with 10 minute alert aging.

But there are times, including this morning, when the subscription doesn't act against some HP alerts. 

When this happens I can set the resolution state to New, and then 10 minutes later, the subscription runs.  (right click - set Resolution state - New; the state is New when the alert is created, but the subscription never runs against the alert; if I set the state to New again, the subscription works)

So in our case the subscription matches the alerts in question, but occassionally they do not auto-fire.  They only work after I manually set the resolution state to its original and current setting of New.

Layne
    Tuesday, December 22, 2009 9:39 PM