Error When Open Server Manager Console "error Occurred during Enumeration of SMB Share" RRS feed

• Question

• When I open Server manager on Volumes or Shares, I receive the following Error

"error Occurred during Enumeration of SMB Share"

I have many event Id similar to:

WSMan operation Enumeration failed, error code 1359

WSMan operation Enumeration failed, error code 2150858779

The WinRM protocol operation failed due to the following error: The WS-Management service cannot process the request. The WMI service or the WMI provider returned an unknown error: HRESULT 0x8004100a .

I tried to restart the server

I tried to disable an enable Win Remote management

THanks

Andrea

Tuesday, October 3, 2017 10:09 PM

All replies

• Hi Andrea,

May I ask what is the evenvrionment  of your server? VM? Cluster? ISCSI volume? cluster shared volume? Or just a general server? And where is the share located?

The WMI error code 0x8004100a means Internal, critical, and unexpected error occurred.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa394559(v=vs.85).aspx

For error "WSMan operation Enumeration failed", it may be related to Windows Remote Management, please follow the blog to do a check. Make sure Windows firewall doesn't block related port.

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/jonjor/2009/01/09/winrm-windows-remote-management-troubleshooting/

Best Regards,

Mary

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 4, 2017 6:26 AM
  • Thanks Mary,

Is a Virtual File Server with DFS on a Hyper-v Cluster.

I already checked WinRM. 

Tried to disable and enable

Tried to Disable the group policy

The "winrm quickconfig" command says that winrm is already configured

Tried to telent Winrm Port

DNS Resolution Checked

IPV6 disabled

Winrm seems to be OK....

Andrea

Wednesday, October 4, 2017 8:00 AM
  • Hi Andrea,

Thanks for your feedback.

Is there any more error in the event viewer?

If it's File Server cluster, maybe you could also refer to the thread discussed before.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/lync/en-US/7dd80d02-fd54-45e9-87a6-70ce82b0d269/windows-2012-file-server-cluster-issue-with-adding-file-share?forum=winserverClustering

Best Regards,

Mary

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 5, 2017 2:29 AM
  • Hi. Thanks for reply.

I can see the following error

Error: ERROR: Error occurred during enumeration of SMB shares: The WS-Management service cannot process the request. The WMI service or the WMI provider returned an unknown error: HRESULT 0x8004100a 

WSMan operation Enumeration failed, error code 2150858779

WSMan operation Enumeration failed, error code 1359

The WinRM protocol operation failed due to the following error: The WS-Management service cannot process the request. The WMI service or the WMI provider returned an unknown error: HRESULT 0x8004100a .

Exception: Caught exception Microsoft.Management.Infrastructure.CimException: The WS-Management service cannot process the request. The WMI service or the WMI provider returned an unknown error: HRESULT 0x8004100a 
       at Microsoft.Management.Infrastructure.Internal.Operations.CimSyncEnumeratorBase`1.MoveNext(Boolean discardResultsAndErrors)
       at Microsoft.Management.Infrastructure.Internal.Operations.CimSyncEnumeratorBase`1.MoveNext()
       at Microsoft.FileServer.Management.Plugin.Services.FSCimSession.PerformQuery(String cimNamespace, String queryString)
       at Microsoft.FileServer.Management.Plugin.Providers.WmiEnumerationTaskBase.QueryObjects(ICimSession session, String queryString)
       at Microsoft.FileServer.Management.Plugin.Providers.WmiEnumerationTaskBase.DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

Andrea

Tuesday, October 10, 2017 2:29 PM
  • Hi BOBO94,

I suggest you could consider to check WMI serivce as the blog suggested.

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/clustering/2010/11/23/trouble-connecting-to-cluster-nodes-check-wmi/

Best Regards,

Mary

Wednesday, October 11, 2017 2:56 AM