NPS Errors and Certificates PEAP RRS feed

• Question

• I cant seem to authenticate a domain users to my wireless. I am confused i have followed several how to's and cant seem to get it to work. I have a Windows Server 2008 R2 running my active directory, certificate services, and NPS. For my router i am using a Asus NT-66u running tomato50 by shibby. The errors that i am getting on the server is an NPS error 13 claiming the radius request is from an invalid client IP although i have double checked the IP of the client and it is correct. When i look at an IAS log viewer i get a "Authentication failed. The certificate is malformed and EAP cannot locate credential information in the certificate. Any help would be great!
    • Edited by SysAdSteve Tuesday, March 12, 2013 1:56 PM
    Tuesday, March 12, 2013 1:54 PM

Answers

• I got it all working no!! just had to tinker with a few settings.
    • Marked as answer by Jeremy_Wu Wednesday, March 20, 2013 3:10 PM
    Tuesday, March 19, 2013 2:36 PM

All replies

• Hi,

There isn't much information to go on here, but one thing that might be causing the problem is understanding what a "client" is.

The RADIUS client is your Asus device. You must add this in NPS as a RADIUS client. Have you done this?

In 802.1X terms, the client computer is called a supplicant, not a client. When NPS refers to a client, it is referring to the access point.

-Greg

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 6:41 AM
  • Yes the Asus device an RADIUS client.  I actually figured it out yesterday it had to deal with network polices under the polices on the NPS. for some reason PEAP authentication wasn't setup correctly but it is now working thanks for the help though. One question i did have was once i logged onto the network and accepted the cert i could not find the cert that i accepted. Shouldnt it be under Trusted Root Certification Authorities>Certificates or Personal>Certificates? Maybe i am opening the wrong MMC when i do it but when i open the certificates in the MMC concols i select computer account am i correct?

thanks for all your help!!

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 5:21 PM
  • I got it all working no!! just had to tinker with a few settings.
    • Marked as answer by Jeremy_Wu Wednesday, March 20, 2013 3:10 PM
    Tuesday, March 19, 2013 2:36 PM