Enterprise custom fields. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am using Project Server 2010. I have created a custom field "Task Comments" with entity "Task". After that I included this field in my Project Detail page in one of the views. Now while creating projects i can type in comments for tasks if i have to. I have also included this custom field in My assignment Page as well so the resources can also view those comments. The problem is that on My Assignment page, the task field is coming up blank. The resources can enter the comments themselves but they cant see the comments which i have entered while creating project plan. Is there something m doing wrong. Need help. Thanks
    _________ Fahad Ahmed Khan .NET Articles, Web Development, SharePoint and Project Server Custom Solution Provider
    • Edited by fodi30 Thursday, January 19, 2012 7:36 AM
    Thursday, January 19, 2012 7:29 AM

All replies

• Hi Fahad,

The comments that you enter in the task level went to the task custom field whilst when you refers to the assignment page, it is actually displaying the value in assignment custom field. You can get a better idea by just using the project client; entering the comments in the Gantt view and then switch to the Task Usage view (Assignment).

If you need the information to flow down from task to assignment level, you can select the "Roll down, unless manually specified" option under the "Calculation for Assignment Rows" of the custom field configuration. 

Regards

Gan

Thursday, January 19, 2012 7:52 AM
  • Thanks for your reply mate, my issue is that when i assign a task to any of my resource...they should be able to view the tasks comments as well which they cant rite now.
    _________ Fahad Ahmed Khan .NET Articles, Web Development, SharePoint and Project Server Custom Solution Provider
    Thursday, January 19, 2012 8:01 AM
  • If you need the information to flow down from task to assignment level, you can select the "Roll down, unless manually specified" option under the "Calculation for Assignment Rows" of the custom field configuration.

One thing to note here is the resource can make the change but the change will go to the assignment level only and will not reflect at the task level.

Thursday, January 19, 2012 8:03 AM
  • Saturday, January 28, 2012 7:34 AM