none
Unable to open PWA in browser and MSP on application server in project server 2007. ERROR: Sending the Soap message failed or no recognizable response was received. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am using project server 2007 and WSS 3.0. 

I have been facing a strange issue for couple of days. I am unable to open PWA in browser and MS Project Pro on application server.

Everything is correct whether it is URL or MS Project profile account on MSP.  This is strange because i can open same PWA/MSP from other computers (Database server / Client PCs) but not locally on server.

When i try to connect to MSP on App server, i get the following errors in event viewer.

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: MSSOAP
    Event ID: 16
    User: N/A
    Computer: APP-Server-Name
    Description:
    Soap error: Connection time out..

------------

Event Category: Client 
    Description:
    Soap error: An unanticipated error occurred during the processing of this request..

----------
    Description: Soap error: Sending the Soap message failed or no recognizable response was received.
    --------
    Description:
    Soap error: Unspecified client error..
    ----------------

One more issue i am facing and i guess that is related to above issue. The Issue is, when i am creating a new project, It's workspace gets created but doesn't get linked to the project and i can't link it manually because it already exists for the project.

sandeep

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 9:26 AM

Answers

• Hi Saneep,

Another option I can think of is to update the hosts file (usually located on C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc) with an entry like 

127.0.0.1       ServerName

and test again. The servername can be replaced with the actual server name or the dns alias used to access project server

Hope this helps

Paul

Monday, November 24, 2014 10:19 AM
  • Thanks Paul,

It helped. Somebody had removed Server IP and Server Name from the hosts file. 

Much appreciated.

sandeep

Wednesday, November 26, 2014 10:58 AM

All replies

• Hi Sandeep,

Have you tried adding the project server URL to the Trusted Sites/Local Intranet areas in IE and see if that would help?

Paul

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 11:15 AM
  • Hi Paul ,

Thanks for reply. The project server URL was already added to the Trusted Sites/Local Intranet areas in IE. 

sandeep

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 11:55 AM
  • Hi Sandeep,

Are you prompted for the windows login screen? If so, try disabling the loopback check on the application server

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896861

Paul

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 12:09 PM
  • Dear Paul,

There is no Prompt for login. Page is just not opening and show "The page cannot be displayed" . However i can open this PWA from other computers and when i try to open MSP Pro, i get 4 errors as i mentioned above. 

sandeep

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 12:50 PM
  • Hi Sandeep,

I would still go ahead and disable the loopback check. Also, another issue I've experienced was a corrupted IE installation on the server so you can try to:

- Restore Advance Settings in IE

- Reset the Internet Explorer Settings

Paul

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 1:08 PM
  • Hi Paul,

I would do that but actually it doesn't seem to be the problem with IE as i can access testing PWA that is on other server.

I guess that the problem is related to IIS or Server OS(windows server 2003). What about MSSOAP ?

Please suggest.

sandeep

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 1:40 PM
  • Hi Sandeep,

Do you have same IE connection settings on both client and server? Have you tried connection settings in IE on the server and see if anything changes?

Paul

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 9:54 PM
  • Hi Paul,

The connection settings are same on both client and server. There is no connection issues with IE.

sandeep

Thursday, November 20, 2014 1:35 PM
  • There is the problem with MSSOAP30.dll . i have searched everything but not getting any solution. Somebody must have faced the same MSSOAP issue and resolved it. Please Help.

sandeep

Monday, November 24, 2014 9:13 AM
  • Hi Saneep,

Another option I can think of is to update the hosts file (usually located on C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc) with an entry like 

127.0.0.1       ServerName

and test again. The servername can be replaced with the actual server name or the dns alias used to access project server

Hope this helps

Paul

Monday, November 24, 2014 10:19 AM
  • Thanks Paul,

It helped. Somebody had removed Server IP and Server Name from the hosts file. 

Much appreciated.

sandeep

Wednesday, November 26, 2014 10:58 AM