none
How to disable auto clear feature in a text box in IE10 RRS feed

• Question

• How to disable auto clear button in Text box in IE10

Hi Team,

I saw this question on Microsoft forum but I did not find any reply to this question, therefore, I am re-posting it.

When I run web interface application on IE10, i see there is a new feature which has 'X' at the end of text box and on clicking it it clears the text.

Are there any settings of IE10 that can be changed to disable it or some code snippet?

I find the 'X' sign at the end of text box very annoying and would like to turn it off and make it compatible with older versions of IE and other explorers.

Looking forward to your answer at the earliest.

Regards
    Sakshi

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 7:41 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please try the steps in the following thread to see whether it could help:

Remove IE10's “clear field” X button on certain inputs?

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14007655/remove-ie10s-clear-field-x-button-on-certain-inputs

Regards,

Vincent Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, July 25, 2013 6:49 AM
  • Hi Vincent,

Thanks for your reply. But I can not change the html/css file of the form. It is auto-generated by the code. I prepare the form and on that I just put the text widget (drag and drop), the code is auto-generated and moreover, after running the exe of the application, I can not right click and see the html code that is generated.

Is there any feature of IE10 that can disable auto clearance of text box or some settings that can be done.

Thanks

Sakshi

Thursday, July 25, 2013 7:12 AM
  • Hi Team,

Please answer to my question asap.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Sakshi

Saturday, July 27, 2013 12:23 PM
  • Same question for IE 11, How do I disable the auto clear feature in a text box in IE11. The delete "X" partially covers the text in the fields that I am trying to copy/paste and makes it difficult to get all the data.  I cannot edit the code of the website that I am using as I have seen proposed elsewhere. I am a simple end user.

Thanks,

Brandon

Monday, June 16, 2014 8:37 PM
  • @blandas,

the website programmer has to disable that feature. or make the input fields on their website larger....you can use the End and Home keys to move the cursor to the beginning or end of the field to view your input.

Post consumer questions about IE to http://answers.microsoft.com (Help>Online support menu from IE). Include with your questions links to any websites you are having issues with so that the support engineers can make some tests on the website.

Rob^_^

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 7:39 AM