Peoplepicker Browse works, Check Names doesn't. RRS feed

• Question

• I am attempting to populate a list field with an AD Security Group. The WFE is in a different domain than the SecGroup I'm trying to add. I've configured setapppassword and peoplepicker-searchadforests, which has resulted in the groups I'm trying to select appearing in peoplepicker when I try to located them with the Browse option. After I select them, however, and hit OK, the list returns from posting with a "No exact match was found." error under the SecGroup field. I'm assuming additional authentication needs to be set up somewhere for Check Names, but I'm not sure where. 
    Wednesday, December 14, 2011 10:05 PM

Answers

• Does this happen across multiple or all site collections? Or does it only occur with specific sites?

Also, what does the trust relationship between these domains looks like? Is there a one-way trust involved? If so, you may also want to review and use the Peoplepicker-searchadforests command found here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc263460(office.12).aspx

Regards,

Jerad Plesuk
    Technical Support | SharePoint Technologies | Microsoft Corporation
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    Tuesday, December 20, 2011 9:06 PM