none
PXE Boot TFTP Timeout of LiteTouchPE_x64.wim RRS feed

• Question

• I am receiving a PXE-e32: TFTP open timeout error when attempting to PXE boot. Below I will outline the unique qualities of this environment.

1. MDT is installed on a server with IP address 192.168.32.34 and is running Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise.

2. WDS is installed on the same server as MDT (IP address 192.168.32.34 and is running Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise).

3. DHCP is installed Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise Edition with an IP address of 192.168.30.21.

4. I have updated the MDT deployment share and added the LiteTouchPE_x64.wim and LiteTouchPE_x86.wim files to the boot images folder in WDS.

5. The WDS PXE response is configured to respond to all client computers (known and unknown)

6. The DHCP Scope Options 066 Boot Server Host Name is configured with the FQDN of the WDS server (ex. wds.domain.com)

7. The DHCP Scope Options 067 Bootfile Name is configured with boot\x86\wdsnbp.com.

What am I missing? I have troubleshooting this and I can't seem to find where my misconfiguration is located.

Any help is much appreciated.

Monday, November 4, 2013 3:45 PM

All replies

• If you are getting a TFTP error, it means that the PXE service has correctly told the client to boot from WinPE, however... The file it told the client to download is not downloading. The WinPE files itself are transferred to the clients using the TFTP service.

Verify that the TFTP service is running correctly on the server, and that the files are visible to the service. If you need help enable TFTP logging.

Keith Garner - keithga.wordpress.com

Tuesday, November 5, 2013 6:23 PM