I can't access any admin features on Windows 7 :( RRS feed

• Question

• I tried to set every account to standard user to avoid having to enter a password to download things, but I can see now how stupid that was. I can't access any admin features, I can't download anything, I can't do anything that would require admin privileges. There are no admin accounts on my computer. I really need help. Are there any ways to fix this without needing an admin password?
    Saturday, February 5, 2011 6:37 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I am sorry to tell you that this is by design.

But it is possible you save the files to the place where you do not have administrator privilege, this may cause need the administrator privilege when downloading.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Juke Chou Tuesday, February 22, 2011 9:07 AM
    Thursday, February 10, 2011 2:40 AM
  • There is always one Administrator level account.  Windows blocks you from removing the last administrator, and won't let you downgrade the last administrator's access level.

Click Start, click the arrow next to the Shutdown option and choose Log Off, then login as the other user where you can go back to Control Panel and adjust the remaining user accounts.

If this was helpful, please vote by clicking the green triangle. If it solves the issue, click Propose as Answer. Thanks!
    Thursday, February 10, 2011 4:16 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I am sorry to tell you that this is by design.

But it is possible you save the files to the place where you do not have administrator privilege, this may cause need the administrator privilege when downloading.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Thursday, February 10, 2011 2:40 AM
  • There is always one Administrator level account.  Windows blocks you from removing the last administrator, and won't let you downgrade the last administrator's access level.

Click Start, click the arrow next to the Shutdown option and choose Log Off, then login as the other user where you can go back to Control Panel and adjust the remaining user accounts.

If this was helpful, please vote by clicking the green triangle. If it solves the issue, click Propose as Answer. Thanks!
    Thursday, February 10, 2011 4:16 AM