none
Database move 2010 to 2013

Question

• Hey Guys;

There is a exchange 2010 and 2013 server on my environment  under the same domain.

i lost exchange 2010 server also no recovery option but i have a DB from 2010.

Can i mount it on 2013 server ? how ? thank you.

Friday, September 2, 2016 12:44 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hey Guys;

There is a exchange 2010 and 2013 server on my environment  under the same domain.

i lost exchange 2010 server also no recovery option but i have a DB from 2010.

Can i mount it on 2013 server ? how ? thank you.

No.  You can only mount databases from the same version of Exchange.  

Why is there no recovery option?

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread

Friday, September 2, 2016 12:59 PM
  • Hi,

Since RDB only works for same Exchange version, I recommend use "Setup /m:RecoverServer" to recover this lost Exchange 2010 server, then use RDB to recover problematic mailbox database.

Step 1: Recover an Exchange Server
    Step 2: Restore Data Using a Recovery Database
    Please pay more attention to the Prerequisites in above link before recover.

Allen Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 5, 2016 7:33 AM
  • I am surprised, why you have not mentioned a backup ?

Ultimately, it helps in such worst scenario to recover all the required data from backup.

Though you can proceed further by following above mentioned resources.

Otherwise, if you have backup available, you can also try using any third party like, Lepide exchange recovery manager i.e, https://www.lepide.com/exchange-manager/  which helps to extract the required data from backup and restore them into previous used format without having any losses.

Monday, September 5, 2016 9:24 AM
  • Agree with Allen, Either you have to recover the server and mount the database and recover the mailbox or go for third party software which can convert the .edb to pst and you can get the required data.

Monday, September 5, 2016 9:43 AM
  • Hi,

I'm checking the status of your issue, please feel free to let me know if you need further assistance.

Allen Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Saturday, September 17, 2016 1:14 PM