Emergency calls in non US area RRS feed

• Question

• Hi There,

Has anybody implemented the Lync in the (e.g.) Europe and having the emergency calls to work? And especially when the 112 is like a "well known number". So in our country when you are calling to 112 the operator is checking from where you are calling (north, east, south, west, etc..) and then operator route the call to the correct emergency center. So we have around 5 - 7 different numbers behind of the 112. Callers are not of course not notify that.

Now, we have collapsed our entry points to the PSTN into one region, but users we still have all around country. So operator does not know where the call is coming, because it seems to come from single location.

This means that I have to make this routing decision in the Lync as we know the callers region, but the problem is visibility. I can touch to the number in three different places:
     - Dial plans
     - Trunk configurations
     - Location profile
    But all of them replace the called number from 112 to the actual number 12345678 on the client as well. That will confuse caller a lot, especially when they are calling to 112: "why the number is not 112????". And please, do not answer end-user instructions. 112 is well known number, and that is what users should remember.

How I can change the number in Lync so that user doesn't notify it?

I hope this is not again a case where US company has build an application without thought rest of the world :)

Petri

Thursday, July 12, 2012 6:45 AM

All replies

• Hi,

this is ue to the normalization rules applied that that users Dial plan. you can create a seperate dial plan and create a normalization rule to accept 112 as it is and send to the PSTN side. you may need to do some changes in route as well.

Thamara. MCTS, MCITP Ent Admin, Specialized in U.C Voice OCS 2007 R2 Z-Hire -- Automate IT Account creation process ( AD / Exchange / Lync )

Thursday, July 12, 2012 9:39 AM
  • Well said by Thamara, Different Locations shoudl have different Dial Plans and routes associated with them.  As you pointed out, you created one region. One Region with one dialplan and one route presumably.  That cannot possibly work out.  You need to ensure that you have diffferent Plans and routes for different areas to get correct results.

Or you can create different dial plans and routes for specifically for Emergency dialing only.

Regards Herbert Zimbizi

Thursday, July 12, 2012 9:52 AM
  • ...but to keep 112 on user's client as it should be, how that can be done? I have not found any methods which keeps the number 112 on the client and still route the call into correct emergency call center.

And (to Herbert) I need to create multiple different dial plans per teleareas, but that is not the whole story. Under the field, the calls are routed out from single region, even users belongs to multiple teleareas in one country.

Thamara: if I send 112 to the gateway, then our operator handle the call as it is arriving from single location and route all calls into emergency call center near by that. Operator cannot detect from the callers number the region because they are coming from single number range.

Petri

Thursday, July 12, 2012 9:58 PM
  • So far it seems so, that Lync does not support 112 in European countries where you have some other real numbers behind of the 112. Lync seems to show the actual number all the time which is really what users are expecting.

That hurts... :(

Petri

Monday, July 16, 2012 2:00 PM
  • I am working a project in the EU and looking to integrate the E112 dialing into the Lync 2013. I want the customer to dial 112 and connected. Can Lync be programed to do these emergency calls  
    Friday, January 22, 2016 2:02 PM