none
How can we check Server if GPO has been installed on client PC ? RRS feed

• General discussion

• How can we check Server if GPO has been installed on client PC ?
    Friday, February 1, 2013 6:44 PM

All replies

• Hi m_1607,

I am not exactly sure that I have understood your question but you can open a command prompt on the client machine and run gpresult.exe (for Win XP) or a gpresult.exe /r (for Win 7) to see which GPO applies to the client computer and the logged on user.

gpresult will also tell you from which server the GPO was applied from.

Hope that helps,

Lutz

Friday, February 1, 2013 7:21 PM
  • sorry was not explaining clearly. I am saying from DA server how can we check if client PC has got group policy from AD ?
    Friday, February 1, 2013 7:25 PM
  • You can run such a thing from a domain controller. Open the MMC for Users and Computers, go to the computer account, right-mouse click all Tasks and Resultant Set of Policy (logging). For this the client PC must be online.

Friday, February 1, 2013 7:50 PM
  • Thanks for this , and if lets say gpo is not getting updated for that particular PC  although we have added them in particular GPO of DA clients . What steps we need to take ?

Saturday, February 2, 2013 2:42 AM
  • Is this on your internal network and a member of the DA computer group?
    Saturday, February 2, 2013 3:02 AM
  • Yes it is on internal network and also member of DA group.
    Saturday, February 2, 2013 6:18 AM
  • Hello First from the client run gpdate / force followers by gpresult/ r If the DA poloicy is not applying check that the machine is in the appropriate security group and ensure that the computer account in AD is not disabled or deleted. Also is the firewall turned on? Let me know how it goes?
    Saturday, February 2, 2013 1:37 PM
  • Run a gpresult.exe /r from your client and post the result.

Run also a dir \\putyourdomaincontrollernamehere\netlogon from your client to see if your client has network access to your DCs. Also verify that your client PC is using one of your AD DNS servers. And another test: create a new user account in AD and log on with this account to your client PC. Does this work? If not please re-join your client PC to AD.

Regards,

Lutz

Saturday, February 2, 2013 2:44 PM