IE 9 crashes when printing RRS feed

• Question

• Problem Event Name:                          BEX

New pc- worked fine for five months. Suddenly can not print from any website using ie 9. No new updates were installed.

Printer works fine- All documents print fine and checked for updated driver.

Went through every ie troubleshooting guide I can find including reset all defaults and disabled all add ons .

Uninstalled and reinstalled ie 9.

Keep getting following error:

Application Name:                             iexplore.exe

Application Version:                           9.0.8112.16470

Application Timestamp:                     510c8801

Fault Module Name:                          StackHash_d29c

Fault Module Version:                        0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp:                  00000000

Exception Offset:                                7353c9f1

Exception Code:                                  c0000005

Exception Data:                                   00000008

OS Version:                                          6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID:                                             1033

Additional Information 1:                  d29c       

Additional Information 2:                  d29c9259bf7dc326d99ada98111a2e18

Additional Information 3:                  0775

Additional Information 4:                  077511cc5021557b6bdf015bb5aff71e

Saturday, April 20, 2013 12:29 AM

Answers

• Hi,

BEX errors are always associated with Addons. Some PDF printers do not appear as 'addons'.

Regards.

Rob^_^

Saturday, April 20, 2013 3:34 AM
  • Went through every ie troubleshooting guide I can find including

What about running IE elevated or with Protect Mode: Off?   Printing to a virtual printer such as XPS Document Writer and then printing the resulting .xps file?

If you want to try to diagnose your crash you are going to need at least a Stack Back Trace for the crashing thread, e.g. as was once made available automatically via drwtsn32.log but now unfortunately must be extracted manually by formatting the associated .dmp file.   However, you might get some clues from what is loaded at the time of the crash and just before it.   You could do that using Resource Monitor, ProcExp or ProcMon.

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Saturday, April 20, 2013 2:41 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

Firstly, I notice that the error may be may be caused by corrupted StackHash_d29c. Therefore, I suggest you check whether you could find this one. If so, replacing it with a known working Windows 7.

If issue persists,

1. You can use ShellExView and try to temporary disable it, restart your system and test the issue again.

Note: The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a company that is independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.

2. Refer to Print Spooler Crash Troubleshooting Steps, try the steps in the blog and see how it works.

Hope this helps.

Vincent Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 2:43 AM

All replies

• The "Faulting Module" (StackHash_d29c) is not positively identified.

Can you also check the Event Viewer for the error and see if anything different is logged?:

Start > type eventvwr in the "Search programs and files" box and press "Enter" > expand "Custom Views" > "Administrative Events"

Look through the "Administrative Events"  for Application Errors involving iexplore.exe.

Double-click on each event for more details.

• Hi,

BEX errors are always associated with Addons. Some PDF printers do not appear as 'addons'.

Regards.

Rob^_^

• Went through every ie troubleshooting guide I can find including

What about running IE elevated or with Protect Mode: Off?   Printing to a virtual printer such as XPS Document Writer and then printing the resulting .xps file?

If you want to try to diagnose your crash you are going to need at least a Stack Back Trace for the crashing thread, e.g. as was once made available automatically via drwtsn32.log but now unfortunately must be extracted manually by formatting the associated .dmp file.   However, you might get some clues from what is loaded at the time of the crash and just before it.   You could do that using Resource Monitor, ProcExp or ProcMon.

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Saturday, April 20, 2013 2:41 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

Firstly, I notice that the error may be may be caused by corrupted StackHash_d29c. Therefore, I suggest you check whether you could find this one. If so, replacing it with a known working Windows 7.

If issue persists,

1. You can use ShellExView and try to temporary disable it, restart your system and test the issue again.

Note: The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a company that is independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.

2. Refer to Print Spooler Crash Troubleshooting Steps, try the steps in the blog and see how it works.

Hope this helps.

Vincent Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 2:43 AM