Headset Audio cutting out once call / conference begins. RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using a Sennheiser MB Pro UC headset which is certified for S4B.   Recently I've been having an issue that when I use PSTN dialing or join a conference I suddenly lose all audio through the headset, I also lose call control.   If I hang up the call, windows audio resumes through the headset.   Sometimes if I put the calls on hold and rejoin I will get audio to work.

I have worked with the vendor and they haven't been able to identify any issues with the headset itself.   It seems to be a Skype specific issue.   

Where can I start looking for Skype specific issues? 

Tuesday, December 18, 2018 4:10 PM

Answers

• I was able to resolve my issue by uninstalling SfB and re-installing .

Friday, December 21, 2018 12:47 PM

All replies

• Hi John ,

I cant find specific issues like your s... but you wan to to try these ...

1. Have you tried to use another Skype for Business account on your computer to check if the issue persists?
    2. To identity if the issue is related to the audio drive, I would like to share an article: Troubleshoot Skype for Business (Lync) Audio

Moreover, there’s an article about how to Set up an audio device for Skype for Business. You can refer to this article to check the connectivity between the audio device and Skype for Business.

Regards,

PLease refer the below links for more info 

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_sfb/no-audio-during-call-in-skype-for-business/cc2aed70-d8e7-4d54-ba63-83f892488750

Tuesday, December 18, 2018 10:14 PM
  • I work remotely for my company and I don't have another account to try.

The issue is intermittant, sometimes the calls work fine other times they don't.   Windows Audio always works through the headset but when I join a conference or dial out w/ PSTN the audio stops working both for playback and for recording.  It doesn't start working again until I exit the conference or call.

I have reviewed the articles and none of the issues noted seem to be present.

Tuesday, December 18, 2018 10:23 PM
  • Hi,

Just confirming if you made any changes before the issue occurred since the headset worked well in the past, right?

Please make sure you have installed the latest SFB version or try with Skype for Business basic version to have a test, just to verify if it is caused by the update of client version.

If the latest version installed, the issue still persists, please try as follows.

1. Please check and reset your audio device in SFB following the video from this article.

2. If the issue still persists, please try to reset the default sound device with the steps introduced here.

3. Update your audio driver in Device Manager.

Scan for hardware changes in Device Manager:

• Go to Start > Control panel.
    • Search for Device Manager, and then open it.
    • Select your computer name, and then click Action > Scan for hardware changes. This will find new devices and install the drivers.
    • Download the most current drivers from the manufacturer’s website and install them.

Kind regards,

Calvin Liu

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful. It will assist others who has similar issue. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, December 19, 2018 8:50 AM
  • Hi,

Are there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue. :) 

Kind regards, 

Calvin Liu

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful. It will assist others who has similar issue. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to shareexplore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, December 21, 2018 10:07 AM
  • I was able to resolve my issue by uninstalling SfB and re-installing .

Friday, December 21, 2018 12:47 PM
  • Glad to hear the problem is resolved. :)

Kind regards,

Calvin Liu

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful. It will assist others who has similar issue. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, December 24, 2018 1:44 AM