I AM HAVING TROUBLE WITH AN ERROR MESSAGE ON OUTLOOK 2016 IT IS ERROR 0X800CCC1A RRS feed

• Question

• I have office professional plus 2016 installed on my computer & I use IMAP accounts on outlook 2016 and have been fine until today when I have suddenly started to get the error message 0x800CCC1A and do not know what to do to cure this.  I have removed office 2016 via the control panel then I restarted my computer and then I loaded it back on straight from my Microsoft account but still this persists.  I can receive emails but not send them and its driving me crazy trying to fix it as most fixes I find are for POP3 accounts 

I need to be able to send emails as I work from home quite a bit.  I have the webmail account for my work emails which is working fine but but much prefer outlook as I can do a lot more than I can in webmail like have templates etc.

I would be very grateful if someone can put into simple terms please how to fix this & not to be rude it really must be in easy to understand steps as I am not a techy when it comes to computers I can only normally do basic things.

Waiting with bated breath & hoping that someone knows what to do

B Warren

Wednesday, October 30, 2019 4:43 PM

All replies

• Hi Betty,

>> I have removed office 2016 via the control panel then I restarted my computer and then I loaded it back on straight from my Microsoft account but still this persists.

Do you mean that you have reinstalled your Office?

Accroding to my research, this issue may occur in the situations below.

1. There may be something wrong with your account settings, so it is suggested to remove and re-configure your email account on your Outlook client.
    2. You data file or profile may be corrupted, please try creating and using a new Outlook profile via Control Panel > Mail > Show profile and see if there is any difference.
      1)  Close your Outlook client.
      2)  Open Control Panel.
      3)  In Control Panel, search Mail, and select it.
      4)  Click Show Profiles.
      5)  Click Add.
      6)  Type a name for the profile, and then click OK.
      7)  Open your Outlook client with the new profile and configuring your email account on it.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 31, 2019 7:12 AM
  • Hi Jen

Thank you but I did all of that and it still wouldn't send emails which is why I uninstalled all of office & then reinstalled it for it to still not work & then suddenly this morning it has started working again but thank you for taking the time to help me 

B Warren

Thursday, October 31, 2019 9:50 AM
  • Hi Aiden

Thank you for replying but I have gone onto my laptop this morning to find that it has suddenly started to work again so don't want to rock the boat so to speak whilst it is working again.  If it happens again I will try what you have put but I cannot mark as answer because I don't know if it will work

B Warren

Thursday, October 31, 2019 9:55 AM
  • sorry Aiden I forgot to say that yes I uninstalled office then restarted my computer and then re installed office again from my my microsoft account 

B Warren

Thursday, October 31, 2019 9:57 AM
  • Hi Betty,

That's ok. I'm glad to see your Outlook has started to work again:)

If this issue happen again, please try my suggestions and let me know the results.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 1, 2019 8:42 AM
  • I will Aiden I have saved the email with your answers on in my folder so if I cannot get back on here to see it I have it in my email folder Thank you for your help so far.

Regards

Betty

B Warren

Friday, November 1, 2019 9:11 AM
  • You're welcome:)

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Friday, November 1, 2019 9:19 AM