none
Power Query Not Listing Appointments with cusomized appointment form RRS feed

• Question

• I just noticed that I only see standart appointments in the calender. Non of the appointments I added with my cusomized form show up...

Any ideas for that issue?

When I publish them they show up as IPM.Appointment.Termin-Mandate

See the pictures:

Sorry for the German but I guess you can figure it out ;)

• Edited by Dan798 Wednesday, November 18, 2015 10:13 AM
    Wednesday, November 18, 2015 10:12 AM

Answers

• In that case, you'll need us to support custom properties. I'm adding this to my to-do list :)

Ps: In best case, you'll have the feature more than ~3-4 months later from today. If you don't want to wait for it, you can use some of the unused Extended Properties with the appropriate type, then you'll be able to get those columns in Power Query.

Friday, November 20, 2015 1:42 AM

All replies

• I doubt that custom types are supported. You might try expanding Attributes | Extended Attributes and see if maybe they show up, but I really highly doubt it.
    Wednesday, November 18, 2015 2:58 PM
  • Why not? That makes no sense to me...they show up like normal appointments in the calender and I was abe to export them with a little program I got just like normal appointmens.

How would I even use fields like mileage or other with the standard form??

• Edited by Dan798 Wednesday, November 18, 2015 5:40 PM
    Wednesday, November 18, 2015 5:19 PM
  • And I am not talking about a field but an modified Appointment sheet. Custom fields would be awesome but I can work around that...
    Wednesday, November 18, 2015 5:38 PM
  • You would go to List View, add your custom fields and you can edit them right from that view.

This was part of the previous thread, that customizations were not included. Oguz Yildiz was helpful on this the last time but I can't find a way to send him a message through here.

Wednesday, November 18, 2015 5:54 PM
  • ya but that is not very convenient... and I dont understand why the little tool I have (wincalender) would export them and power query doesnt...

Maybe there is code that could be added similar to importing multiple excel files but I have no idea how that works :D

Wednesday, November 18, 2015 7:28 PM
  • Hi everyone,

As (probably) you can guess, we're applying some filters to those types to get the items for the 5 main folders we support (Mail, Calendar, People, Tasks, Meeting Requests). To support filtering with custom item types, we might need a new library function. I'm working on it, I'll let you know about the updates.

Thanks

Wednesday, November 18, 2015 8:10 PM
  • Guy's,

Thanks for the help. I found a good solution though, this works even better than my custom forms. I figured out you can "edit" the standard Appointment Form by attaching new fields to it.

Not that I wouldnt be good to be able to get custom forms from the calender as well Oguz. :)

Here is a pretty good explanation on how to do it. Way better to go through the List view.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/EN-US/library/office/ff863878.aspx

This is what my standard IMP.Appointment looks like now:

It just adds to the bottom.

Hope this will help others too.

Daniel

• Edited by Dan798 Thursday, November 19, 2015 3:29 PM
    Thursday, November 19, 2015 3:24 PM
  • In that case, you'll need us to support custom properties. I'm adding this to my to-do list :)

Ps: In best case, you'll have the feature more than ~3-4 months later from today. If you don't want to wait for it, you can use some of the unused Extended Properties with the appropriate type, then you'll be able to get those columns in Power Query.

Friday, November 20, 2015 1:42 AM
  • Thanks Oguz,

Thats what I did. I just assined the billing field for now.

I have had my issues with Microsoft and its support in the past but I have to say Power Query and this forum as  support has just been awesome!! Great how you react to suggestions on here!!!

Thanks a lot!

Friday, November 20, 2015 3:16 PM