Microsoft Live Movie Maker RRS feed

• Question

• Whenever I try and open movie make I get the message error code c945002f and cannot continue.  I am using Windows 7 Home Edition 32bit.
    • Moved by Carey FrischMVP Friday, November 26, 2010 11:53 PM Moved to appropriate forum category (From:Windows Vista Application Compatibility Toolkit)
    Thursday, November 25, 2010 7:57 AM

Answers

• Hi,

When did this issue begin to occur? System restore can be under consideration.

Please visit Troubleshooting Movie Maker 2.1 to take a look at it.

I have quote as follows:

"The video transitions and effects already in Movie Maker are based on DirectShow. However, Movie Maker will quit unexpectedly if more than 100 DirectShow video transitions or video effects are installed on your computer. If video programs that contain additional DirectShow video transitions and video effects are installed on your computer, this may exceed the allowable amount.

Programs that install additional DirectShow video transitions and video effects include Windows Movie Maker 2 Winter Fun Pack 2003, Pixelan SpiceFX Packs for Windows Movie Maker, and InterVideo WinDVD Creator 2.

To work around this issue, remove one or more of the programs that install additional video effects or video transitions."

Meanwhile, in case this issue is caused due to third party software conflict, you can prepare clean boot to troubleshoot.

To place the computer in a clean boot state, follow the steps below:

1.     Click Start, type msconfig in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.

2.     On the General tab, click Selective Startup.

3.     Under Selective Startup, click to clear the Load Startup Items check box.

4.     Click the Services tab, click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then click Disable All.

5.     Click OK.

6.     When you are prompted, click Restart.

7.     After the computer starts, start the installation and check whether the problem is resolved.

Please check if you are able to install the update, also let us know as to what error message or error code you get during windows updates. Please disable the antivirus software as well.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Wellscs Wednesday, December 1, 2010 4:25 PM
    Wednesday, December 1, 2010 9:57 AM

All replies

• Hi,

When did this issue begin to occur? System restore can be under consideration.

Please visit Troubleshooting Movie Maker 2.1 to take a look at it.

I have quote as follows:

"The video transitions and effects already in Movie Maker are based on DirectShow. However, Movie Maker will quit unexpectedly if more than 100 DirectShow video transitions or video effects are installed on your computer. If video programs that contain additional DirectShow video transitions and video effects are installed on your computer, this may exceed the allowable amount.

Programs that install additional DirectShow video transitions and video effects include Windows Movie Maker 2 Winter Fun Pack 2003, Pixelan SpiceFX Packs for Windows Movie Maker, and InterVideo WinDVD Creator 2.

To work around this issue, remove one or more of the programs that install additional video effects or video transitions."

Meanwhile, in case this issue is caused due to third party software conflict, you can prepare clean boot to troubleshoot.

To place the computer in a clean boot state, follow the steps below:

1.     Click Start, type msconfig in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.

2.     On the General tab, click Selective Startup.

3.     Under Selective Startup, click to clear the Load Startup Items check box.

4.     Click the Services tab, click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then click Disable All.

5.     Click OK.

6.     When you are prompted, click Restart.

7.     After the computer starts, start the installation and check whether the problem is resolved.

Please check if you are able to install the update, also let us know as to what error message or error code you get during windows updates. Please disable the antivirus software as well.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Wellscs Wednesday, December 1, 2010 4:25 PM
    Wednesday, December 1, 2010 9:57 AM
  • Hi Magon,

I have done every thing that you said but I still get exactly the same error message. 

The error occured the first time I tried to use Movie Maker.  I have never managed to open the programme so have never used it.  The error message reads

"Windows Live Music Maker Can't Start.  Please restart your computer and try and start Movie Maker again.  If Movie Maker doesn't start try re-installing it again.  (Error: OxC945002F)

Over to you.

Kind regards

Wellscs

John Brookes
    Wednesday, December 1, 2010 4:35 PM
  • Hi,

Is it the exact error message? Windows Live Music Maker  sounds a third party software other than the build-in is Windows Live Movie Maker.

If it is Windows Live Movie Maker you are saying you can download it here and reinstall it manually to check the result.

Regards,

Thursday, December 9, 2010 8:07 AM