New Profile While Login RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

we have some XP machines in our office. Most of the XP Machines are not maintaining the same profile while login into the system.

The users are not able to see teh desktop documents and any thing. It creates a new profile completely like a fresh profile. 

We used to solve this issue by restarting the system every time. After the first restart the profle is maintaining the same.

Can any one please tell me how to solve this issue permenantly and why it cause this issue. The users felt annoying and frustated. Because every day they have to restart teh machine to get the own profile.

Please give me the solution for this ..

thanks in advance.

Saturday, October 13, 2012 6:32 AM

All replies

• Hi Team,

we have some XP machines in our office. Most of the XP Machines are not maintaining the same profile while login into the system.

The users are not able to see teh desktop documents and any thing. It creates a new profile completely like a fresh profile. 

We used to solve this issue by restarting the system every time. After the first restart the profle is maintaining the same.

Can any one please tell me how to solve this issue permenantly and why it cause this issue. The users felt annoying and frustated. Because every day they have to restart teh machine to get the own profile.

Please give me the solution for this ..

thanks in advance.

I would verify that my Users aren't getting Temporary Desktops. Look in %SYSTEMDRIVE%\Documents and Settings\ and see if there is any folders named TEMP or DOMAIN.TEMP or multiple folders with users name e.g bob.smith bob.smith.domain bob.smith001 etc..

If there are temporary folders when the users are experiencing the issue then check your event logs to see if there is a process not closing correctly on shutdown. 

Sunday, October 14, 2012 7:54 AM
  • I see the folder called username.domain.com. this is northign but the permanent profile for the user with all profiles.

and also i can see with the same username profile without domain name. The above issue which i said is logged in to the folder.

once i restart the system it works fine  and i can see all the profile.

Please help

Monday, October 15, 2012 4:20 AM
  • I see the folder called username.domain.com. this is northign but the permanent profile for the user with all profiles.

and also i can see with the same username profile without domain name. The above issue which i said is logged in to the folder.

once i restart the system it works fine  and i can see all the profile.

Please help

Yeah so the fact that that single user has two folders suggests that he is being logged in with a temporary Profile. Is there any errors or warnings in the eventlogs on either StartUp or ShutDown?
    Monday, October 15, 2012 4:25 AM
  • I could not see the warnings from event logs.

Do we have permanent solution for this issue.

please suggest the process for fix

Monday, October 15, 2012 7:37 AM
  • Request some one please help me on this issue.
    Wednesday, October 17, 2012 11:26 AM
  • any permenant issue for this?
    Wednesday, January 16, 2013 11:22 AM