Auto Update RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We are currently implementing a software system that requires us to disable Exchange 2007 "Auto Update". Can someone tell me how to view the current status of this feature and what exactly will this disable in Exchange 2007?

Currently we are on Exchange 2007 SP3

Jason
    Wednesday, February 23, 2011 4:23 PM

All replies

• Jason, Please be more specific as to auto update ?
    Wednesday, February 23, 2011 4:32 PM
  • Khoj,

Thanks for taking the time respond to my question. I wish I knew. This is what the documentation is telling me.

"Exchange 2007 and 2010 is configured by default to use "Auto Update" automated processing on user mailboxes. Exchange Integration requires this option to be set to "none". This option is administered using the Exchange Power Shell.

Just let me know what you think.

Jason
    Wednesday, February 23, 2011 4:34 PM
  • The PowerShell command line to configure a mailbox to automatically update the e-mail addresses based on EAP is:

Set-Mailbox <mailboxid> -EmailAddressPolicyEnabled:$True

Anil
    • Proposed as answer by Anil K Singh Wednesday, February 23, 2011 4:57 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Jason B. Williams Wednesday, February 23, 2011 4:59 PM
    Wednesday, February 23, 2011 4:56 PM
  • What is the command to view the current Auto Update status of a mailbox?
    Jason
    Wednesday, February 23, 2011 5:02 PM
  • What if you run cmdlet get-mailbox -id "" | fl
    Anil
    Wednesday, February 23, 2011 5:11 PM
  • "If AutomateProcessing=AutoUpdate (the property/parameter that controls the automatic acceptance of meeting requests), then the meeting organizer receives no response from the resource. In order to accept it, one would have to log into the resource mailbox with an account that has permissions to the resource mailbox and accept it. "

Resource scheduling in Exchange Server 2007

http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2007/05/14/438944.aspx

get-mailboxcalendarsettings user1|fl automateprocessing

AutomateProcessing : AutoUpdate

James Chong MCITP | EA | EMA; MCSE | M+, S+ Security+, Project+, ITIL msexchangetips.blogspot.com
    Wednesday, February 23, 2011 5:55 PM
  • Ok... this is starting to make some sense now. How do I disable AutomateProcessing for one mailbox?
    Jason
    Wednesday, February 23, 2011 6:18 PM
  • Set it back to autoupdate.

set-mailboxcalendarsettings user1 -AutomateProcessing:autoupdate

James Chong MCITP | EA | EMA; MCSE | M+, S+ Security+, Project+, ITIL msexchangetips.blogspot.com
    Wednesday, February 23, 2011 6:46 PM
  • James,

The calendar setting is already set to "AutoUpdate". I am asking how to disable?

Jason
    Wednesday, February 23, 2011 6:51 PM
  • set-mailboxcalendarsettings user1 -AutomateProcessing:none

• Proposed as answer by Anil K Singh Thursday, February 24, 2011 4:17 PM
    Wednesday, February 23, 2011 7:02 PM