none
MDT - Office Install error: 110? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Forum

I have come across and error that has me stumped.

I have a standard build of Windows 8.1 x64 custom WIM installing Office 2013 PP x64 from the Task Sequence using "Setup.exe" and a lightly customised MSP file to push silent with no product key (KMS).

MDT is running on Server 2012 R2 standard and WDS is installed on the box. The Server is dedicated for MDT and has about 16GB RAM at least.

It seems this works well when deploying to one or 2-3 machines, but once the load gets to around 4-6+ the consistency drops and Office 2013 fails to install on some of the machines.

Error here: An Unexpected Return Code: 110

Machines are Surface Pro 1. So far I havent come across this on anything else.

Does anyone recognise this code or have any suggestions. Googling has not helped me.

thanks in advance

NN

• Edited by Naked Nuts Friday, October 31, 2014 5:16 PM
    Friday, October 31, 2014 5:15 PM

Answers

All replies

• Office setup will write logging information, typically somewhere to the %temp% folder.

If you can't find it, explicitly set the logging value in your config.xml file:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc179195(v=office.15).aspx#ElementLogging

If you still can't figure it out, then copy the setup logging files to a public site line OneDrive, and share the link.

Keith Garner - Principal Consultant [owner] - http://DeploymentLive.com

Friday, October 31, 2014 5:47 PM
  • Thanks I should have thought about this really. The machines got reinstalled straight after it failed by a separate team and worked fine so no log file to view.

I have rebuilt the wim as a hybrid to include Office 2013 as a quick fix temporary measure which if works better will remain the default. I actually think I might prefer this way for this build environment.

I will definitely be looking to reproduce the error and work with the log file you stated.

Thanks for the help

NN

Monday, November 3, 2014 11:59 AM