SfB federation between On Prem and China O365 (21 Vianet) Skype for Business Online RRS feed

• Question

• Federation isn't working between an On Premise Skype for Business deployment and another company who are using Skype for Business Online hosted in China. However federation does work between the Chinese SfB Online and a UK hosted SfB Online.

I have confirmed the same behaviour with other on premise deployments. I've done some research on the Chinese (21 Vianet) Office 365 solution but can find nothing conclusive on whether this should be working.

Can anyone shed any light on why federation with SfB Online (China) would work for SfB Online but not SfB On Premise?

Thanks in advance

Wednesday, November 22, 2017 4:32 PM

All replies

• Hi UC Pilgrim,

Normally, it is supported to federate SFB on premise with SFB online, for the configuration process, please refer to the following document
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj205126.aspx

Would you please tell us what issue did you encounter, IM or call?

Can you provide the error message for us?

For this, we suggest you use Microsoft remote connectivity analyzer test if there are any errors firstly
    https://testconnectivity.microsoft.com/

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 23, 2017 2:29 AM
  • Hi Alice,

Federation for the environment works to other On Premise and UK/EU hosted Skype for Business Online tenancies.

If I sign into any on premise Skype for Business environment, I've tested on multiple, then I'm unable to communicate with the Chinese user. I'm unable get presence for the Chinese user.

However, if I sign in with a O365 tenancy I can communicate with the Chinese Skype for Business Online user without issue.

Before I dig deeper into the issue, I want to make sure that it's supported and the Great Firewall of China isn't restricting the functionality.

Thanks

Thursday, November 23, 2017 9:24 AM
  • Hi UC Pilgrun,

Based on my research, I couldn't find a document say this is not supported

If possible, please try to use Microsoft remote connectivity analyzer test if there are any error, please note hide your privacy information.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 29, 2017 5:56 AM