none
Hyperion SmartView 11.1

General discussion

• Here's one that was requested here before and has a little quirk to it.

Step 1 - Prepare the sequencing machine by adding the following Exclusions to the Exclusions list:

Launch the App-V Sequencer. Browse to Tools-->Options

%CSIDL_WINDOWS%\Installer

%CSIDL_WINDOWS%\Downloaded Installations

\REGISTRY\MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

\REGISTRY\MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

Ensure Windows Search and Windows Defender services have been stopped on the machine.

It's also a good idea to ensure you have launched Excel just for safety sake. It's an old habit of mine to ensure I have launched all of office at least once before I start sequencing add-ins.

If you already have GPO's to allow the Macros for this application you should ensure your sequencing machine or user is in the correct OU\AD Group to receive the GPO.

Step 2 - Sequence the Application

Choose all defaults in the App-V Sequencing Wizard until you get to the window prompting you to provide a Package name. Name the package accordingly e.g. Hyperion Smartview 11.1. Take note of the Primary Directory e.g. Q:\Hyperion Smartview 11.1. I allowed Hyperion to install to it's default directory thus it installing to the VFS location. I learned over years that Oracle applications behave strangely when installed to other locations, unfortunately.

Choose Perform a custom installation. Click Next.

Launch Smartview.exe as Administrator. Accept all defaults. Once installation has completed browse to the bin folder within your Install Directory. Within this you will find the HsTlbar.xla file. Launch that. You may receive a Macros warning. If you have policies set to correct this you won't see the error. If you don't have a Group Policy to allow the Macros you can set it for this application by browsing to File--> Options-->Trust Center-->Macro settings. You can change to allow all Macros and allow the VBA. If this plays with your security policies of course. Close Excel. Launch the HsTlbar.xla again, you should see that it's now error and warning free.

Check the box to indicate the install has been completed once you have successfully installed the application.

You should choose to customize the application further. You need to add a shortcut for Hyperion Smartview here. Add one and point it to your local EXCEL.exe under "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\EXCEL.EXE" Alternatively if you have virtualized Office you can simply Dynamically suite this add-in with your sequenced office and if your users have been granted access to both applications Excel will now see the add-in.

Now you may launch to capture the Feature Block 1 (What will appear first to the user) Here I just launch the application. For this application I have found it doesn't make a huge difference. It's slow to recognize the add-on when virtualized or installed locally.

When complete you may select File-->SaveAs

Save the application to the relevant path (what you set in the Deployment tab)

Step 3 - Application Complete

You can now deploy the application however you see fit. Remember to set you DSC if you have sequenced Office or if you have not just deploy Hyperion with it's own unique shortcut that's pointing to the local Excel.exe

I hope this is helpful for somebody!

PLEASE MARK ANY ANSWERS TO HELP OTHERS Blog: rorymon.com Twitter: @Rorymon

Monday, October 8, 2012 7:06 PM

All replies

• Note: In App-V 5.0 I suggest that you not launch Excel or the .xla file during sequencing. You may also want to exclude the RoamingAppData folder or alternatively delete the folder from your package upon completion.

PLEASE MARK ANY ANSWERS TO HELP OTHERS Blog: rorymon.com Twitter: @Rorymon

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 1:15 PM