Internet Explorer 11 crashes when using Outlook.com RRS feed

• Question

• When i sign into outlook.com on internet explorer 11, it crashes after about 10 seconds. it crashes twice after which it stops reloading all together. error code is: 0x800cccod. Outlook.com works fine on firefox and chrome but not on internet explorer. and internet explorer can run every other website fine except for outlook.

please help.

Saturday, February 1, 2014 6:30 AM

Answers

• Hi,

As I known, incorrect date and time settings on your PC can cause problems accessing web-based email servers. Make sure that the date and time settings are correct on your PC.

If the date and time settings on your PC were correct, incompatible or defective Internet Explorer add-ons might be interfering with the website. I suggest running IE with no add-ons for a test. Click Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> Internet Explorer (with no add-ons).

You may also install the most recent cumulative security update for Internet Explorer. To do this, go to the following Microsoft website: http://update.microsoft.com

If the issue still persists, you can reset Internet Explorer to its original settings as Akshay Pate mentioned to remove any changes to Internet Explorer without deleting your favorites or feeds.

In addition, please check the related logs in Event Viewer.

What information appears in event logs (Event Viewer)?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/What-information-appears-in-event-logs-Event-Viewer

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Blair Deng

Blair Deng
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Tuesday, February 18, 2014 2:52 AM
    Monday, February 10, 2014 9:10 AM

All replies

• Try to reset or reinstall iexplore. on you machine.

Akshay Pate

Saturday, February 1, 2014 6:44 AM
  • Hi,

As I known, incorrect date and time settings on your PC can cause problems accessing web-based email servers. Make sure that the date and time settings are correct on your PC.

If the date and time settings on your PC were correct, incompatible or defective Internet Explorer add-ons might be interfering with the website. I suggest running IE with no add-ons for a test. Click Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> Internet Explorer (with no add-ons).

You may also install the most recent cumulative security update for Internet Explorer. To do this, go to the following Microsoft website: http://update.microsoft.com

If the issue still persists, you can reset Internet Explorer to its original settings as Akshay Pate mentioned to remove any changes to Internet Explorer without deleting your favorites or feeds.

In addition, please check the related logs in Event Viewer.

What information appears in event logs (Event Viewer)?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/What-information-appears-in-event-logs-Event-Viewer

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Blair Deng

Blair Deng
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Tuesday, February 18, 2014 2:52 AM
    Monday, February 10, 2014 9:10 AM
  • I still get crash today with IE 11 and Outllook.com

What can I do to get this fix. No problems when using FireFox or Chrome

Thursday, August 7, 2014 1:17 PM
  • It is 2017 now and the same happens since long in my Computer configuration.

Our Company insists on using Windows 7 , I have IE11 installed. When trying to reach Outlook via IE it stalls for a very long time. After 10-20 Minutes I can access the account without any problems.

I guess Win7 is not supported anymore. And Microsofts strategy is to build tools for non existing users?

Meanwhile we are suffering.

On a side note, the built in outlook APP in Windows 10 is by no means better. It suffers extreme performance problems, which makes it barely usable. 

If Microsoft refuses to address these important issues, I see them headed for the gutter.

After all, the OS and it's  OUTLOOK integration used to be the key issues why every business could not do without Microsoft.

I have the feeling we are soon better off with any Unix variant . :-(

• Edited by deeeAD Wednesday, March 22, 2017 9:37 AM
    Wednesday, March 22, 2017 9:35 AM