none
How To Detect A Completeted Deployment w/out using WMI filter - Local GPO RRS feed

• Question

• I am using MDT 2013 to generate offline media to deploy windows 7 to stand alone(non-domain) machines.  My deployment failed due to the applied Local GPO policies.  One solution is to use WMI filter to detect a completed deployment in order to apply the GPO.  However, it is my understanding that WMI filter is available only through Active Directory Domain Services.  Since my build environment is a standalone(non-domain) machine is there a way for me to create WMI filters?  

Alternatively is there a way to detect when a deployment is complete without using WMI filter?

My build environment = Windows 7 Enterprise(non-domain), MDT 2013

Deployment Target=Windows 7 standalone

• Edited by hjos Saturday, October 11, 2014 11:41 PM
    Saturday, October 11, 2014 11:35 PM

All replies

• Hi,

First thing comes to mind is let the machine send an e-mail when it is ready:

http://www.deploymentresearch.com/Research/tabid/62/EntryId/19/Configure-MDT-2010-to-send-an-email-when-deployment-is-completed.aspx

Second one is to do a remote file/folder check if C:\MININT and C:\_SMSTaskSequence folders are still present

Last one, since bdd.log can be echoed back to the deploymentshare, do a check if the "Cleaning up C:\MININT directory." line is present, which indicated MDT has finished installing.

Cheers!

If this post is helpful please click "Mark for answer", thanks! Kind regards

Monday, October 13, 2014 11:15 AM