Help required...i am dying...scorecard Current Month!! RRS feed

• Question

• hi everybody,
    i have created a data source which connects to my cube. i have set the time property of the data source to the lowest level time i want (month).
    now i have created a scorecard which shows the value of a simple KPI. the KPI is defined as follows:
    ([Date].[Month].CurrentMember,[Measures].[TimeSpent]).

the problem is that the scorecard cannot understand the [Date].[Month].CurrentMember part. it is getting me the total measure with no regard to the current date. i tried to write the MDX directly inside the scorecard but got the same result.

is there any thing else i should do beside setting the time property of the data source in order to make the scorecard detect the current month?

thanks,
    Monday, May 4, 2009 3:10 PM

All replies

• That is not how you use time intelligence in PPS.  Refer to this posting for information in regards to using time intelligence in PPS.

KPI DashBoard Presentation in PPS

There are links on how to configure it and use it along with implementing this logic in KPIs.  There is other information as well.
    Dan English's BI Blog
    Monday, May 4, 2009 6:47 PM
  • Here is some more information on the expression syntax - About syntax for Time Intelligence expressions.
    Dan English's BI Blog
    Monday, May 4, 2009 6:49 PM
  • hi,

thnx for your answer.

i followed these steps which state to use the time filters from inside the scorecard and it is working fine for the KPI. however, it is not (or it is my bad usage) working for the trend indicator. i want to be able to simply compare this month value of the KPI with the previous month, and display the trend indicator based on that. i tried somthing like "Month-1" or "Month:Month-1" and other alternatives with no success...

Note: i found samples online about using the time intelligence the way i wanted to (i.e. setting CurrentMember in the MDX KPI calculation and let the scorecard detect what is the CurrentMember), but i still cannot get it work with me.

so whatever solution works i am ok with it...i just need to move on :)

your help is much appreciated...
    Tuesday, May 5, 2009 2:54 AM
  • Take a look at this posting for setting up a trend indicator - Creating a Trend Indicator for a KPI in a Scorecard

CurrentMember is not a reference to current day.  CurrentMember evaluates based on the reference being made in the MDX on the rows or columns. 

CurrentMember (MDX)

You would need to include the Date dimension to be able to see the values.  You could look at hiding this in the scorecard if you do not want it to display to the end-users for some reason if you are using a filter in your scorecard to set this value in the dashboard.
    Dan English's BI Blog
    Tuesday, May 5, 2009 10:31 AM