BSOD ntoskrnl.exe+75bc0 CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

I tried searching the forums for this problem but didn't find anything to my specific error.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Dump file:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=9FCFB68E12F1D23F!173&authkey=!AAkuWl0fnfSYYE8&ithint=file%2c.dmp

I should mention I've had internet connectivity problems where I lose all traffic for roughly 10 seconds. Pinging Google shows an occasional timeout error on this computer only. The other one I pinged with gave no errors, so the connection itself is likely perfectly fine.

I've yet to do memtest86 though I did run Asus' PC Diagnostics - though it returned OK flags on network as well, so...

What I'm hoping, I guess, is that the kernel error is being caused by the motherboard's integrated network controller.

Cheers!

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 7:29 AM

Answers

• To test it out, you could try a clean install on a different drive if available.

Regards,

Patrick

“Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.” - Dalai Lama

• Marked as answer by Karen Hu Monday, July 7, 2014 6:02 AM
    Friday, July 4, 2014 9:01 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The attached DMP file is of the CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION (f4) bug check.

This indicates that a process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated.

If we look further into the dump as I also said above, we see EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000006 - The instruction at 0x%p referenced memory at 0x%p. The required data was not placed into memory because of an I/O error.

What's an I/O error you may ask? An I/O error is when any hardware device (hard disk, flash drive, etc) cannot perform its basic input/output actions such as reading or copying data. When this is the case with a hard disk itself, or any storage related media, it's generally due to the device PHYSICALLY failing. Do note that with hard disks, the connections can be faulty as well (i.e the SATA cables from the controller on the board to the hard disk itself). Also, software can at times cause conflicts as well. Your system looks relatively clean software-wise.

-----------------------------------------

Please run Chkdsk (paste log afterwards) and then Seatools:

Chkdsk:
    There are various ways to run Chkdsk~

Method 1:

Start > Search bar > Type cmd (right click run as admin to execute Elevated CMD)

Elevated CMD should now be opened, type the following:

chkdsk x: /r

x implies your drive letter, so if your hard drive in question is letter c, it would be:

chkdsk c: /r

Restart system and let chkdsk run.

Method 2:

Open the "Computer" window
        Right-click on the drive in question
        Select the "Tools" tab
        In the Error-checking area, click <Check Now>.

If you'd like to get a log file that contains the chkdsk results, do the following:

Press Windows Key + R and type powershell.exe in the run box

Paste the following command and press enter afterwards:

get-winevent -FilterHashTable @{logname="Application"; id="1001"}| ?{$_.providername –match "wininit"} | fl timecreated, message | out-file Desktop\CHKDSKResults.txt

This will output a .txt file on your Desktop containing the results of the chkdsk.

If chkdsk turns out okay, run Seatools -

http://www.seagate.com/support/downloads/seatools/

You can run it via Windows or DOS. Do note that the only difference is simply the environment you're running it in. In Windows, if you are having what you believe to be driver related issues that may cause conflicts or a false positive, it may be a wise decision to choose the most minimal testing environment (DOS). I always recommend running Seatools in DOS if absolutely possible.

-- Run all tests EXCEPT: Fix All and anything Advanced.

Regards,

Patrick

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 10:26 AM
  • Thanks for the reply.

Got a BSOD again and with it came disk check.

Here is the results (also contains an earlier check:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=9FCFB68E12F1D23F!174&authkey=!AA5eJlWkK1gurKE&ithint=file%2c.txt

Also dump file from the BSOD, which is dramatically different from the previous one:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=9FCFB68E12F1D23F!175&authkey=!AIAJ8vebPl3DgDA&ithint=file%2c.dmp

SeaTools returned a pass on all suggested tests, though I didn't run it in DOS mode. I should also mention that my windows installation left me with an extra partition called System Reserved, in case it matters. I know how to get rid of it the right way but I've never done such a thing so I'm a little spooked.

Checking physical connections now.

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 1:53 PM
  • There were no bad sectors with Chkdsk.

Do you have an SSD, or is this a standard mechanical drive?

Regards,

Patrick

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 2:00 PM
  • I knew there was something I forgot to mention. Yeah, C: (windows) is on SSD.
    Wednesday, June 18, 2014 2:26 PM
  • Is the firmware 100% up to date? I always see 0xF4 on SSD-based systems when out of date firmware is in the mix.

Regards,

Patrick

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 2:35 PM
  • Downloaded Samsung Magician and updated the firmware. Same software says drive health is good.

That said, should I keep this Magician software? It's not similar to Corsair LINK as in it's not bad? Also, is it possible that this lack of up-to-date firmware drivers could cause these weird timeout problems with my connection?

Also, should I do this "OS Optimization" Magician is suggesting? Is there anything to gain?
    • Edited by Aamaxu Wednesday, June 18, 2014 3:03 PM
    Wednesday, June 18, 2014 3:03 PM
  • Small update: I still have weird connection problems. Other than that, no change.

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 7:27 PM
  • No, don't do the optimization if you can decline.

You don't have Corsair Link installed, do you? I didn't see it.

Regarding the connection issues, those may be entirely unrelated to your original BSOD problem. Have you tried an uninstall of your network/wifi drivers followed by a restart, and then installing the latest drivers followed by one final restart?

Regards,

Patrick

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 10:57 PM
  • No optimization then. Stopped Magician from running at startup since apparently it's not that important save for firmware updates and whatnot.

No Corsair Link installed. Removed it after it was causing issues. I've removed and reinstalled and restarted my network drivers, and also disabled my wireless and bluetooth on this computer. No change. I'm going to go buy a cheapo PCIE network card and see if that solves the issue as it might just be he network controller breaking on the mobo.

I did a pingtest on Google for about two hours and logged it. One set of timeouts; first "destination host unreachable" and then "request timed out" three times before returning to normal, and I'm fairly certain it's not on Google's end.

Cheers for the help again.

PS: Formatting on this forum is tough; adding proper spaces between paragraphs is haaard.

• Edited by Aamaxu Thursday, June 19, 2014 7:01 AM
    Thursday, June 19, 2014 7:00 AM
  • Yea, the formatting takes a bit of getting used to. I've found that using shift-enter is the only way to get proper spacing.

Let me know how the secondary network card goes.

Regards,

Patrick

Thursday, June 19, 2014 7:05 AM
  • Oh boy here we go again!

Another BSOD, another dump file:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=9FCFB68E12F1D23F!176&authkey=!ABZZXufvjyF2Nzg&ithint=file%2c.dmp

Maybe I really should run that memtest86. This same kernel BSOD has happened now five times according to the dump files. I'm starting to feel like taking an axe on my this machine of mine.

This is with onboard network controller still as the store was out of network cards - got to wait until next week for one.

Friday, June 20, 2014 6:54 PM
  • FWIW, this does not look like a bad network card and/or RAM issue. It looks like a faulty hard disk and/or a bad SATA controller on the motherboard.

It's an 0xF4 as above mentioning an I/O ERROR.

I would replace the hard disk if possible.

Regards,

Patrick

• Marked as answer by Aamaxu Wednesday, June 25, 2014 10:59 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Aamaxu Saturday, June 28, 2014 7:35 AM
    Friday, June 20, 2014 11:18 PM
  • Of course it's the one thing I don't want it to be.

I wonder why all the tests returned positive on Seatools though. Maybe because I didn't do it in DOS mode? Also, is there any way to figure out which hard disk? I got three - one SSD with the OS on it and two generic volumes.

Thanks again for the help.
    Saturday, June 21, 2014 6:10 AM
  • No, you'd unfortunately have to remove all and add one at a time. Troubleshooting at times can be grueling.

I would also be 100% sure the SSD's firmware is up to date.

Regards,

Patrick

Saturday, June 21, 2014 6:14 AM
  • Eesh. Can't be easy, I guess. Never is, really.

Could it be a motherboard issue instead of a hard drive one what with the network connection problems I mentioned - time outs?

I'm totally not grasping at straws here!

Cheers!
    Saturday, June 21, 2014 7:32 AM
  • It's possible, but it's best to see if one thing is the issue before removing the component that controls all the rest.

Regards,

Patrick

Saturday, June 21, 2014 8:09 AM
  • Righto, went off to remove one of my drives - D: (I have C, D, and E). Tried booting Windows and it tells me "no OS found, try removing hard disk that doesn't have the OS" or so. So I plug D back in and same message, but when I removed E, it booted just fine.

I should also mention that my System Reserved drive - F - is made out of D instead of C. It's also visible. Maybe I completely botched Windows' install and that's causing all these BSOD errors?

I doubt the culprit is E since it doesn't hold stuff like games, the OS, or any software. Just random files.

Oh well, we'll see.

• Edited by Aamaxu Saturday, June 21, 2014 9:22 AM
    Saturday, June 21, 2014 9:15 AM
  • Indeed we will.

Let me know how everything goes.

Regards,

Patrick

Saturday, June 21, 2014 9:43 AM
  • All right, update time.

I've not have BSOD happen since disconnecting my hard drive (E:), so that's good. But also annoying since I'd really like to use that hard drive. I guess I should do some heavy testing on it on some other computer to make sure the problem is with it and not the cable or the motherboard.

Can't comment any on the network thing since I went full retard and bought a PCI card even though I only have PCIe slots.

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 10:59 AM
  • Good troubleshooting, seems you've ruled it out to being the drive (likely). I'd test it on a different board now if possible, yes.

Regards,

Patrick

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 11:42 AM
  • It never ends! Fix one apparent reason for BSOD, get another.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=9FCFB68E12F1D23F!177&authkey=!ALSGTauiKz60rDI&ithint=file%2c.dmp

Not sure if this is important but I got MSE notification that it had stopped working before the bluescreen. Guess it wasn't the E drive after all. Starting to look like there is no other option than the SSD being non-functional.

Any ideas?

Edit: Also, what's the best tool for reading .dmp files? I read BlueScreenView isn't exactly accurate?

Edit again: Could an external HDD connected via USB cause this kind of BSOD?

Edit 3rd: Got another BSOD within a few minutes after PC start.
    https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=9FCFB68E12F1D23F!178&authkey=!AEA51O5J_bmUmXA&ithint=file%2c.dmp

• Edited by Aamaxu Sunday, June 29, 2014 7:48 AM
    Friday, June 27, 2014 3:32 PM
  • Further update:

Replacing the onboard network controller with a network card didn't change things much. Instead of time out, I get "destination host unreachable" when pinging Google. In-game I still get a few second lag spikes on occasion. This combined with the bluescreens is pretty solid evidence that the motherboard is damaged some way.

That' my take on it anyway.

• Edited by Aamaxu Wednesday, July 2, 2014 11:40 AM
    Wednesday, July 2, 2014 11:38 AM
  • Yep, faulty motherboard.

Regards,

Patrick

Wednesday, July 2, 2014 11:49 AM
  • Update time again.

I got a new motherboard but those weird lag spikes continue, and just now I got a BSOD.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=9FCFB68E12F1D23F!179&authkey=!AFKSa25xsTBzUzI&ithint=file%2c.dmp

I know I've been thinking a lot of things but maybe it really is the SSD where Windows lies that's causing the problems? I don't know, my head is starting to hurt from this.

Friday, July 4, 2014 8:56 PM
  • To test it out, you could try a clean install on a different drive if available.

Regards,

Patrick

• Marked as answer by Karen Hu Monday, July 7, 2014 6:02 AM
    Friday, July 4, 2014 9:01 PM