why does my taskbar keep flashing/poping up when im in the middle of watching something eventhough its not on auto-hide? RRS feed

• Question

• why does my taskbar keep flashing/poping up when im in the middle of watching something?

When i watch something (like youtube) and i put it to full screen it keeps flashing and poping up without me doing anything. i've not put it to auto-hide or anything which i dont want to do either..it wasnt like that before can someone please help me..thanks :)

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 11:42 PM

All replies

• why does my taskbar keep flashing/poping up when im in the middle of watching something?

When i watch something (like youtube) and i put it to full screen it keeps flashing and poping up without me doing anything. i've not put it to auto-hide or anything which i dont want to do either..it wasnt like that before can someone please help me..thanks :)

I have the same issue +1. It happens all the time to me, no matter what I do, just keeps on poping up and then auto-hiding again. I thought maybe it's some tray icons so I disabled all of them; but it keeps poping up, very annoying, can someone suggest a fix please?
    Note I'm using Windows 8, upgrade from Windows 7

Update:

I disabled the "Action Centre" icon in the tray, and the poping in and out seems to have stopped. See screenshot.

• Proposed as answer by Victor_Stan Friday, January 25, 2013 5:16 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Victor_Stan Friday, January 25, 2013 5:16 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Victor_Stan Friday, January 25, 2013 5:16 AM
    • Edited by Victor_Stan Friday, January 25, 2013 5:18 AM
    Friday, January 25, 2013 5:06 AM