none
my product id is 00426-292-0000007-85998. what is my product key? RRS feed

Answers

All replies

• That depends on exactly how you acquired your copy of Windows 7.

OEM systems have a sticker on the case.

Retail boxed versions have a sticker inside the box.

On-line purchases from Microsoft get the product key in an email.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 11:35 AM
  • No-one can possibly tell you that.

The PID here is actuall for a Default Key - your Key will either be on the COA sticker on the computer, or in the packege in which your disks came - if you purchased from the MS Store, then they will have sent an email with the Key or you can retrieve it by logging into your store account.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 11:54 AM
  • Hi,

It is impossible to find your product key us this way.

You can refer to How to identify, locate, and replace a product key

Hope this helps

Vincent Wang

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, September 20, 2012 3:29 AM
  • Vincent - with respect, your statement is misleading.

The Product Key is NEVER on the disk!

In Retail packs, the Key is on a sticker- either in the fancy case itself or on a card in the case.

In OEM packs, it's on a sticker which should be affixed to the machine's case.

In preinstalled machines it should be either one the outside of the case, or inside the battery compartment.

Thursday, September 20, 2012 6:33 AM
  • The Product Key is NEVER on the disk!

In Retail packs, the Key is on a sticker- either in the fancy case itself or on a card in the case.

In OEM packs, it's on a sticker which should be affixed to the machine's case.

In preinstalled machines it should be either one the outside of the case, or inside the battery compartment.

Where would you like me to send the photo of a disk with the key printed as part of the disks ink label? This is a Windows 7 Installation CD and has been used without any problems. Certainly made by Microsoft and not an outside Company. 

(I try to take a leap of faith that Microsoft doesn't have staff members that are unaware of the company standards before I make bold statements in public forums or correct people. And if I'm going to correct someone, I do my best to have concrete evidence in front of me so it cannot be disputed. I rarely comment on posts but I couldn't sit here with the disk you swear doesn't exist and stay quiet while you corrected someone who wasn't wrong.)

Friday, December 14, 2012 1:36 PM
  • Nowhere - if you have such a disk it is counterfeit.

Friday, December 14, 2012 4:21 PM
  • You can find out the key by going to the following link and downloading Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder. Install the free version and run it. Pretty basic program. There are other that can tell you all sorts of info about your computer but for just finding the key this is simple enough.

http://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder/

Friday, December 14, 2012 4:34 PM
  • my product id is 00426-292-0000007-85998. what is my product key?

Lovely,

In addittion to the other answers, and to supplement Schloicka's post:  If you can find it, get the free version of SIW.  This (used to be) freeware program will give you more info on your system than you probably need, it does find your product key for you though.  Good to have prog that'll also help with other issues that you'll encounter in the lifeline of your sys.  BTW, you can download and run the prog from a flash drive....very handy.

horatio 

ps.  your product key is the license that Microsoft needs to 1.  activate the os  2.  Verify that you have a legit copy.  3.  Necessary to run the install.
    • Edited by HoratioL MCP Saturday, December 22, 2012 2:33 PM to supplement the post
    Saturday, December 22, 2012 2:30 PM
  • It makes no difference WHAT software you use - the Key for this Product ID is the Default Key which cannot be activated and so is to all intents and purposes useless.

Saturday, December 22, 2012 2:49 PM
  • Noel,

You are correct sir, I cleaned up the answer in the P.S..  Was still waking up at that juncture, caught his real question on the review...afterwards sadly.

horatio

Sunday, December 23, 2012 12:38 PM
  • thanks! your the best!
    Thursday, May 18, 2017 1:51 PM