user profile RRS feed

• Question

• In win 7 When I try to recreate a profile that already exsists it will not save the profile? I renamed the old profile to "user.name1"
    I am tring to recreate it because I renamed the my documents folder then I couldn't rename it back so I deleted it and now I am all screwed uo so I figured I would just rebuild it by renaming the user profile while logged in as admin and then logging in as the user. The computer is in a domain.
    Thanks for any help.

Wednesday, February 3, 2010 12:19 PM

Answers

• I found my answer....... I guess I grew up with the wrong info

Don't delete user profiles from the C:\Users directory instead goto Start > right click Computer > properties

On the left handside choose Advanced System settings (possibly provide admin credentials), in the following popup is a section called User Profiles > click settings.

Next you get a list of all user profiles present in the C:\Users folder. Here you can choose the profiles to delete.

Using this way ensures that all user settings are deleted including any registry settings associated with the deleted profile.

To come back to the original problem of temp profiles when logging on wireless, there's a GPO setting to wait for the network before logging on. Did you turn that on?

You can find it at:

"Computer Configuration\Policíes\Administrative Templates\System\Logon\Always wait for the network at computer startup and logon"

This setting is also available on workgroup machines through gpedit.msc
    • Proposed as answer by Noel Carboni Wednesday, February 3, 2010 8:40 PM
    • Marked as answer by John_1r3 Thursday, February 4, 2010 12:35 AM
    Wednesday, February 3, 2010 4:18 PM