none
Hyper-V VmSwitch, Event ID # 76 RRS feed

• Question

• Today I have checked the event view of windows server 2016, It is showing the subjected error regarding  VM-Switch, I have checked hyper-v virtual switch it is working fine. Can anyone tell why has this error occurred and how can i resolve it? which NIC card is creating issues.    

The operation 'Restore' failed on nic 5B3C65AF-8C54-4872-A4B4-52F3A2A95D36--6A8F4261-CBE3-4DDF-9D96-48D72221A355 (Friendly Name: Network Adapter). Status = Returned by enumeration APIs to indicate more information is available to successive <g class="gr_ gr_81 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Punctuation multiReplace" data-gr-id="81" id="81">calls..</g>

Friday, December 8, 2017 5:20 AM

All replies

• Hi FahadAhmed,

Do you have a virtual Switch with friendly name "Network Adapter"? If yes, what is the type of this switch, external, private or internal? You may try re-create this switch, check if it could work.

Besides, also check if the Server 2016 host is patched with the latest windows update, if not, please install updates on the host.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 11, 2017 8:00 AM
  • Hi FahadAhmed,

Just to check if the above reply could be of help, if yes, please mark useful reply as answer, if you have other concerns, welcome to feedback.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 14, 2017 2:10 AM