none
Shared Document Library link no longer in Quick Launch menus RRS feed

• Question

• Hi folks,

Quick question... in previous versions of PWA, in the Quick Launch menu we used to have a shared document library link there by default at bottom of the menu.  It was like a general document storage area available to users of PWA.  It does not seem to be there in vesion 2013, hidden or otherwise. 

If we wish to have a general document storage area set up, what would you recommend to an organization who is new to Project Server and its Sharepoint platform?  Where would I need to go to find the link or create such a shared document library in order to add it to the PWA Quick Launch menu?

Note, I am familiar with creating document libraries in SharePoint sites, but just need some guidance when using or doing so via Project Server 2013.

Thanks in advance,

\Spiro Theopoulos PMP, MCITP. Montreal, QC (Canada)

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 1:28 PM

Answers

• Spiro,

The Shared Documents library is still there, except that it is not shown in the Quick Launch. I can only guess it is because of the way the Quick Launch for PWA is controlled differently then the SharePoint underlying.

Anyway, you will find the Shared Document Library by clicking on the 'gear' icon on top right corner, and then selecting Site Contents. Copy the link to the library.

You will need to add this manually to the Quick Launch, by navigating to Server Settings >> Quick Launch >> Add a new link, and then adding the link you copied above.

Finally, the library should already be accesible to all Team Members who have access to PWA. 

Cheers,

Prasanna Adavi, Project MVP

Blog:   Podcast:    Twitter:    LinkedIn:   

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 2:55 PM