none
Lync Group Expansion 100 Contacts Limit RRS feed

• Question

• does anyone has a fix for it?

i have already set the max number of contacts using Get-CsWebServiceConfiguration....

i've been reading here that it's a limitation of the lync client...does anyone know how to make it work?

Rafael Monteiro
    Wednesday, April 13, 2011 5:29 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello Rafael,

Have you tried this configuration?

MaxGroupSizeToExpand: Represents the maximum number of people that will be displayed when a group is expanded. For example, if MaxGroupSizeToExpand is set to 75 only the first 75 members of the group will be displayed any time the group is expanded.

MaxGroupSizeToExpand can be set to any integer value between 1 and 1000, inclusive. The default value is 100.

Best Regards!

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, April 14, 2011 1:58 AM
  • yes...the maxgroupsizetoexpand is set to 400 contacts, but it made no difference...lync still fails to expand distribution lists with more than 100 users..
    Rafael Monteiro
    Thursday, April 14, 2011 5:27 PM
  • Hi Rafael,

Please have a look at this similar thread:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-GB/ocsclients/thread/9c6fa06e-adfc-420a-a253-0c061dc16c83

Hope it helps.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, April 18, 2011 8:02 AM
  • unfortunately no...

the solution proposed was to increase the number of users displayed using set-cswebserviceconfiguration, solution that at least alone, doesn't solve the problem....

thanks for the help...

Rafael Monteiro
    Monday, April 18, 2011 11:16 AM
  • Try running this command to set all webservices to 400 and retest:

Get-CsWebServiceConfiguration | Where-Object {$_.EnableGroupExpansion -eq $True} | Set-CsWebServiceConfiguration -MaxGroupSizeToExpand 400

Richard McGiboney, Support Escalation Engineer, Microsoft
    Wednesday, April 20, 2011 11:16 PM
  • Thanks, but It didn't work either...

I tried the command, restarted the services, and I still can't expand the group....

Rafael Monteiro
    Thursday, April 21, 2011 3:35 AM
  • Inthat case this will require more troubleshooting.  I would suggest that you open a case with Commercial Technical Support. If you are a Premier customer, please contact your TAM to open a case. If not, please contact 1-800-936-4900 to open a case.
    Friday, April 22, 2011 9:57 PM
  • I'm not a Premier Customer, and I'm im Brazil, so, if I dial 1-800 it will go nowhere....

I don't know any toll free number in Brazil that allows me to do something like that....A Microsoft free of charge telephone support...Is there one?

Rafael Monteiro
    Friday, April 22, 2011 10:14 PM
  • Should be able to follow a link here to get he local telephone support number. This is a paid support option.

http://support.microsoft.com/gp/assistsupport#tab0

Friday, April 22, 2011 10:51 PM
  • Unsolved...

Thanks for all the help.

Rafael Monteiro
    • Marked as answer by rafael9908 Saturday, April 23, 2011 2:41 AM
    Saturday, April 23, 2011 2:40 AM
  • Hi Rafael

Having the same problem. On some clients it does work on some it doesn't. Even though the installation and user-configuration is the same for all users.

Have you got a solution yet?

Greetings from Switzerland
    Peter

CIO Swiss Council for Accident Prevention
    Thursday, July 7, 2011 11:53 AM
  • no.....all i got was methods to do it on ocs....or changing using clientpolicy, but nothing worked...

Rafael Monteiro
    Thursday, July 7, 2011 12:44 PM
  • Hi

OK we found the problem. We used the old Polices Settigs from OCS 2007  and it works!

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Communicator]
    "MaxDLExpansion"=dword:00000200
    "MaxConferenceSize"=dword:00000200

With this additional Settings User can expand now bigger Groups.

I hope it helps

Kind Regard

Röndi

Roendi
    Friday, July 15, 2011 10:14 AM
  • And her is the AMD Template for the Problem.

CLASS MACHINE

CATEGORY "OCMaxDLExpansion"
    POLICY "OCMaxDLExpansion"
    EXPLAIN "Sets the maximum allowed distribution group membership value that Communicator can display"
    KEYNAME "SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Communicator"
    PART "MaxDLExpansion" NUMERIC
    VALUENAME "MaxDLExpansion"
    MIN 1
    MAX 250
    DEFAULT 200
    END PART
    END POLICY
    END CATEGORY

I foundet her:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ocsaddressbook/thread/09a20c42-0e04-4f64-9aa7-dc3f1f4a1cd4/

Kind Regards

Röndi

Roendi
    Friday, July 15, 2011 10:56 AM
  • Dear Rafael,

I'v tried a workaround and it worked with me , create 2 DG for the same Dep and splite users into these 2 DG groups and add One by one after updating client DB then it will work :D

don't forget to expand No. of users from 250 -default- to 1000 using the following command

Set-CsUserServicesConfiguration –Identity global –MaxContacts 1000

Thanks

• Proposed as answer by Eslam_2000 Thursday, December 29, 2011 7:09 AM
    Thursday, December 29, 2011 7:09 AM