none
Log on names not on opening page RRS feed

• Question

• There are three log on accounts on the laptop. I updated Windows 10 after 5 months since the last update.

I tried to open there were no other log on name on the opening page, only my name with password entry area.

Apparently the updates remove the other two accounts from the log on page. They were still on the USER modification page.

How do I get the other two accounts to show on the page?

Monday, January 13, 2020 9:08 PM

All replies

• Open Command Prompt as Admin and type the following command and press the Enter key:

secedit /configure /cfg %windir%\inf\defltbase.inf /db defltbase.sdb /verbose

Reboot.

S.Sengupta,Microsoft MVP Windows and Devices for IT, Windows Insider MVP

Tuesday, January 14, 2020 3:53 AM
  • Hi,

You could Enable Displaying User Names on Sign in Screen using Security Policy.

1. Open Local Security Policy (secpol.msc).

2. Expand open Local Policies in the left pane, and click/tap on Security Options.

3. In the right pane of Security Options, double click/tap on Interactive logon: Don't display last signed-in.

4. Select Disabled, click/tap on OK

You will see the change the next time they sign in.

Also, you could change the value of Enabled parameter to 1 in the registry key.

Note: Make sure that you back up the registry before you modify it.

You may refer to the following link for details:

http://woshub.com/how-to-show-all-users-accounts-on-windows-10-login-screen/

Note: This is a third-party link and we do not have any guarantees on this website. And Microsoft does not make any guarantees about the content.

Hope above information can help you.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 14, 2020 9:18 AM
  • Hello,

Run lusrmgr.msc command. In the window open next, right click on the accounts missing from login page, and make sure Account is disabled remains unchecked.

Hope this helps!

Microsoft MVP (Windows and Devices for IT)

Windows Insider MVP

Windows Help & Support [www.kapilarya.com]

Tuesday, January 14, 2020 10:19 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful.

If the reply helped you, please remember to mark it as an answer.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 16, 2020 8:49 AM
  • Sengupta- The command did not return the two missing logon names on the Logon page.

Farena- secpol.msc is not Available in my Win 10.

Kapal- the command did not return the two missing logon names on the Logon page.

Thursday, January 16, 2020 8:23 PM
  • Hi,

Have you tried the registry method?

Also, you could refer to the link below:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/9134-do-not-display-last-signed-user-name-windows-10-sign.html

Note: This is a third-party link and we do not have any guarantees on this website. And Microsoft does not make any guarantees about the content.

Best Regards,

Farena

Friday, January 17, 2020 7:56 AM
  • I have not tried the registry method.

I've just tried the above three.

How do you do the registry method?

I will be trying the link you provided.

Thank you.

Friday, January 17, 2020 8:32 PM
  • Hi,

Hope this can help you.

If the reply is useful, please help to mark it as an answer.

Monday, January 20, 2020 7:33 AM
  • I tried the procedures 1. Secpol.msc responds with 'Is not Available Now' and the 2. The 'Download you ' option of Option 2 did not work.

The other two users still do not appear on the log on welcome screen.

Tuesday, January 21, 2020 5:52 PM
  • Clik on the start button on your laptop go to windows settings clik on account. on the page side you have family or friends clik on it, to add a new accoun , by this you can fix a new account on the page.

hassansayedissa

Tuesday, January 21, 2020 6:32 PM